Dive Computer with Larger Font?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using the Tusa IQ-700 and like the bigger text on the display. Take a look at the link below. If all goes well my prescription mask will be done in the next week or so.

Tusa DC Hunter Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-700)

Leisure pro is out of the IQ-700, it has been out of production since 2008. I just went through a mess with them. It's successor is the Nikte Trio/Zeagle N2ition 3

I have the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1, it has HUGE fonts, it isn't wrist mounted but I have a Nitek Trio for that.

I have a Oceanic Datamask. I don't know if you like hoseless AI or not. The Datamask solved the problem of trying to read a gauge for me. I had a Cobra 2 before that and with the Datamask I can see what I want to see when I need to see it. It is not that much more expensive than the Cobra 2 and I really like it. p_computers_datamask2.jpg The display is in the mask and is easy to see in daylight or night.http://www.oceanicww.com/p_computers_iddm.html

I would be all over the x1 if they offered a wireless AI--- butttt they dont.. first company to come up with the big 4--- OLED/WirelessAI/Firmware upgradeable/ User battery replaceable---gets my money(and a lot of it i have a feeling lol)..

+1 for the Galileo. In light mode it has big fugures and the compass is also big.

I would be all over the x1 if they offered a wireless AI--- butttt they dont.. first company to come up with the big 4--- OLED/WirelessAI/Firmware upgradeable/ User battery replaceable---gets my money(and a lot of it i have a feeling lol)..

Perfect list. The Cobalt is looking pretty good at this point, but would prefer the hoseless ai. If the Uwatec Galileo were OLED they couldn't keep them on the shelf. They already have Trimix out in beta test. But OMG, that's a huge chunk to have on your arm.

...sounds like you're awaiting the upcoming 'wireless' Atomic Cobalt, which I suspect won't be out for another couple of years, but that will give interested parties enough time to save up for one (or more) !

I have a Oceanic Datamask. I don't know if you like hoseless AI or not. The Datamask solved the problem of trying to read a gauge for me. I had a Cobra 2 before that and with the Datamask I can see what I want to see when I need to see it. It is not that much more expensive than the Cobra 2 and I really like it.View attachment 97584 The display is in the mask and is easy to see in daylight or night.Oceanic Worldwide - Personal Dive Computers - DataMask HUD

...having seawater, and a battery, 1 millimeter away from my eyes makes me nervous...just sayin'.

...having seawater, and a battery, 1 millimeter away from my eyes makes me nervous...just sayin'.

Fair enough but then some of put electronic devices with batteries IN our ears! It happens when you get old. If I think back of all the things I have done, this would be one of the smallest risks I have ever taken.:D

Fair enough but then some of put electronic devices with batteries IN our ears! It happens when you get old. If I think back of all the things I have done, this would be one of the smallest risks I have ever taken.:D

I'm gonna suggest that when old age strikes, don't go divin' with a hearing aid either...just sayin'.

Back
Top Bottom