Dive computer watch advice...Suunto vs. Cressi vs. Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are considering the Zoop you might want to consider the Vyper. The Zoop does not come with a dive cable. The Vyper is pretty much the same as the Zoop but it comes with a dive cable and a back light. For the price difference I wish I got the Vyper rather than a Zoop. Also, I'm on my third battery for my Zoop. So the claim that the Zoop will die before the battery isn't necessarily true.

Some people prefer the Oceanic because it is a little cheaper and it isn't as conservative. If I dive a Zoop and an Oceanic, the Zoop will tell me I reached NDL before the Oceanic even though they are both diving the same profile. I like the fact the Zoop is more conservative. Some will say you can just set the Oceanic to be more conversative if you want but with the Zoop you cannot make it less conservative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom