Dive clubs in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmdasia

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of any dive clubs in Thailand - that being clubs run by a collection of divers rather than clubs run by a business or an instructor.

I have been searching endlessly and cannot find any - found something called the Thailand Sub Aqua Club (TSAC) but think it died out some time ago as all email addresses and phone numbers are none existant now.

If anyone has heard of any - could you let me know - thanks!

I wish I could help you but I don't know of any either. However, a thought just occured to me....

Start one!

Thanks,
Red Rover

Red Rover once bubbled...
I wish I could help you but I don't know of any either. However, a thought just occured to me....

Start one!

Thanks,
Red Rover

Good idea :) don mind joining one since I around the region :D

start a group/forum ..that shld get thing started :)

That could be a very good idea - I will muse that with some freinds.

Thanks

Chris

I am not exactly sure of the definition of "diving club", but guessing that you are talking about a group of divers who do thing together, such as trips and classes, with neither dive shops nor professional instructor involved. If this is the case, I have heard of at least 2, one is called Pa-yoon, a Thai word for dugong, do I spell correctly? This club was formed several years ago. It started because the divers felt that the fee for classes were too expensive, so the experienced ones join hands in teaching novices, and then sent them to take exam with PADI shop. The only commitmint for the novices is that they inturn should help other novices. I believe there are many hundred divers who belong loosely to this club. Pa-yoon also so charters boats and trips for their member at cost.
The other club is called something with the word Whaleshark in it. It was started by a group of divers and non divers, to try to study whalesharks, especially on how to help them. They succeed in a sense, in that they have lobbied the Government to put whalesharks on "protected list" or some sort of government term with the same meaning. They also charter boats and arange for diving trips at cost. But theri trips ususlly have a certian "tasks" to perform in each trip, fro example doing reef check.
Sorry, I don't have the contact numer, but I guess I can ask around.
:mean:

I found a new dive club through my local pub - which is good because I figure they like a beer (hopefully). will check them out in the next week.

they have a web site but there is not too much info www.damnam.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom