Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubacurt:
Hey everyone I have started a new diving club in the Denver Colorado area. If you are interested click on this link I look forward to diving with you.
-curt-

Seems like you are an independent instuctor with ideas of forming a CO dive club that we must PAY to belong to? :nosmilie:

NewsFlash, diving in CO in general inovolves low vis, cold water, and is less than thrilling, however it is good training. Those of us who have been meeting up on a somewhat regular basis to dive the mudholes are NOT interested in paying some FEE to be in some Club....

More power to you if you are trying to make it as an independant instructor in CO, but please keep this type of SPAM off ScubaBoard. If I need a pay dive club, I'll attempt to start one on my own :crafty:

RonFrank:
Seems like you are an independent instuctor with ideas of forming a CO dive club that we must PAY to belong to? :nosmilie:

NewsFlash, diving in CO in general inovolves low vis, cold water, and is less than thrilling, however it is good training. Those of us who have been meeting up on a somewhat regular basis to dive the mudholes are NOT interested in paying some FEE to be in some Club....

More power to you if you are trying to make it as an independant instructor in CO, but please keep this type of SPAM off ScubaBoard. If I need a pay dive club, I'll attempt to start one on my own :crafty:

Well Ron, with all of your vast scuba experience and being the voice for Colorado, I should probably instantly conceede to your holiness. However, please pay attention here! The fee's would be to cover the cost of the shirt and coin if you so chose to participate in that part of the program.
My information was not SPAM. I personally placed it on here to get the attention of any serious Colorado Divers who might wish to increase their diving knowledge at an almost nothing cost. I am tired (as well as every other diver I know) of being gouged by dive stores who will gladly charge you 200-300 bucks for a simple class. What I am offering in my club is training AT COST which usually means 15-35 dollars. That is the purpose of my club. To give serioous divers (like you) a chance to become better divers without going broke. I spend thousands of dollars a year out of my own pocket in the pursuit of diving and bringing it to others.
Why don't you come diving with me and actually learn something of use, better yet, why don't you come diving with me and actually teach me something of use!
General I think your attitude towards me was uncalled for and you might want to consider some civility.
-curt-

scubacurt:
Well Ron, with all of your vast scuba experience and being the voice for Colorado, I should probably instantly conceede to your holiness. However, please pay attention here! The fee's would be to cover the cost of the shirt and coin if you so chose to participate in that part of the program.
My information was not SPAM. I personally placed it on here to get the attention of any serious Colorado Divers who might wish to increase their diving knowledge at an almost nothing cost. I am tired (as well as every other diver I know) of being gouged by dive stores who will gladly charge you 200-300 bucks for a simple class. What I am offering in my club is training AT COST which usually means 15-35 dollars. That is the purpose of my club. To give serioous divers (like you) a chance to become better divers without going broke. I spend thousands of dollars a year out of my own pocket in the pursuit of diving and bringing it to others.
Why don't you come diving with me and actually learn something of use, better yet, why don't you come diving with me and actually teach me something of use!
General I think your attitude towards me was uncalled for and you might want to consider some civility.
-curt-

Not sure where you come off as calling my a voice of CO, or playing down my diving experience. I looked at your web site, and the costs were not really clear as to what you are offerning.

I have dove for less than a year, and logged 40 dives. 18 of them in the ocean, the rest at Blue Hole, or Mud holes. I put an hour and 40 minutes on an AL 80, and came up with 800psi, have dived zero vis, and great vis, temps of below 60F, and 80F water. I think for my limted experience I've dived a lot of different conditions, and am pleased with the diving I've done.

Vendors who are helpful on this forum log more than 20 posts in several months. That is the reason for the SPAM reference. Your posts are largely about your instruction offerings, which are HARDLY clear based off the website. I call a Spade a spade and from what I've seen, you are using this forum to gain business, and have offered little in the way of constructive help to members on SB. With your Vast experience, I would expect more than a handful of one liners, and less in the way of promoting your site.

I dive with a number of locals here, many of which are less comfortable in the water than myself. There are several of us who are looking to do rescue in the winter at the hole, so if you are interested in putting together a constructive post on that, maybe we can all benifit. However your vauge website, SPAM like advertising, and lack of helpful posting is not instilling much confidence in your services, and while I may not be the voice of CO, my response here is shared by more than a couple people on this forum that I am in contact with.

Ron I'm not going to sit here and piss back and forth with you. The reason I don't respond too often on scubaboard is because there are alot of people already responding that are giving good advice and a bunch of other say the same thing over and over. I don't need to repeat good advice. You've seen my site, you see what I do. If you are as serious about diving as you sound then lets go diving together and stop the bull**** squabbling! I will dive any day of the week with anyone who wants to dive. I dive for fun not for money. I will never make money on diving. I do this to meet up with people like you who are willing to dive the mud holes.

You have lots of experience diving, I really like seeing that, not too many people willing to be as serious about diving as you are, want to try a rebreather? I got two of them and can take you to Aurora res and let you enjoy the silence. FOR FREE. Wnat to help me map the dive area at the res? Want to move to the next step of diving AT COST, look me up. The ball's in your court. Take this as a friendly peace offering and a chance to dive with someone who is as serious about diving as you are. There will be no more negative talk from me on this forum. If you don't like what I do or what you think I stand for then talk all you want to about me but I will no longer respond to negativity while I am out here every day helping people to discover the underwater world at my expense in both time and money.
-curt-

RonFrank:
Not sure where you come off as calling my a voice of CO, or playing down my diving experience. I looked at your web site, and the costs were not really clear as to what you are offerning.

I have dove for less than a year, and logged 40 dives. 18 of them in the ocean, the rest at Blue Hole, or Mud holes. I put an hour and 40 minutes on an AL 80, and came up with 800psi, have dived zero vis, and great vis, temps of below 60F, and 80F water. I think for my limted experience I've dived a lot of different conditions, and am pleased with the diving I've done.

Vendors who are helpful on this forum log more than 20 posts in several months. That is the reason for the SPAM reference. Your posts are largely about your instruction offerings, which are HARDLY clear based off the website. I call a Spade a spade and from what I've seen, you are using this forum to gain business, and have offered little in the way of constructive help to members on SB. With your Vast experience, I would expect more than a handful of one liners, and as much or more in the way of promoting your site.

I dive with a number of locals here, many of which are less comfortable in the water than myself. There are several of us who are looking to do rescue in the winter at the hole, so if you are interested in putting together a constructive post on that, maybe we can all benifit. However your vauge website, SPAM like advertising, and lack of helpful posting is not instilling much confidence in your services, and while I may not be the voice of CO, my response here is shared by more than a couple people on this forum that I am in contact with.

Well... I live in Breckenridge, but I also have a place in Ft. Lauderdale, so we can dive more. I've done about 80 dives, all in the ocean, and to be perfectly honest... I don't think I'd find much interest in diving a reservoir...and I'm also going to have to concur with RonFrank... this looks like an advertisement / enticement to your courses. Even if it's under the guise of a club... The ultimate goal for you is to sell your courses... Maybe instead of posting a thread, you should advertise on scubaboard?

Just my 2¢

No disrespect meant on any part.

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with people's faces and cert. cards on the internet. Maybe this is a common thing, but this is the first I've seen of it, and I'm not sure I would like it....

Even though my face is in my av...ya gotta guess my name!

if ur looking for classes this seems like a good idea...i might have to take u up on a few of these courses

Hi Curt,

I may not join the club.......I have a lot of other "non-diving" club commitments right now,but I would be interested in diving with you whenever our schedules permit :).I need to brush up on my zero vis navigation skills :wink:

Blue Skies

Mark

Hello Colorado divers - Just to add my less than 2 cernts worth here: I will be relocating to the metro-Denver area from Massachusetts sometime in the spring of 2006. We have several dive clubs here in New England and dues are a part of all of them. Usually the funds are used to pay for a meeting / function room and for postage and printing costs of the club's newsletter, if done on paper and through the mail.

My personal thoughts on a dive club in the Denver area is that there should be one... in addition to the socialization benefits of a dive club, there are opportunities to share diving experiences, make presentations to friends of your dive vactations and to have speakers on any number of topics attend your meeting and make presentations to the membership.

In addition to that, divers who are organized will be able to, if they desire, to influence legislation which could impact their access to the limited water / diving locations in the state.

Again, just my 2 cents worth.

Pete
pmarck@underwatereducation.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom