another lurker....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh, blood is green at depth.

so cool.

Never, ever, under any circumstances, Google the Warhammer Manuveur
jejejejejejeje. do it.

As my avatar suggests, I'm very interested in the physiology of diving (points if you know who that is).

Hi Curt,

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it's Haldane, wearing a Rouquayrol-Denayrouze "scuba" (feels weird to use scuba for an appliance invented years before the acronym). I've never seen that picture, where did you get it, if I may ask ?

Welcome btw.

Hi Curt,

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it's Haldane, wearing a Rouquayrol-Denayrouze "scuba" (feels weird to use scuba for an appliance invented years before the acronym). I've never seen that picture, where did you get it, if I may ask ?

Welcome btw.
Yup...a few of you smart people nailed that it's John Scott Haldane, circa 1906 (approx.).

The image can be found a few places online, but I believe the appropriate reference is the Scottish National Portrait Gallery (see - Dr John Scott Haldane, 1860 – 1936. Physiologist. Wearing a diving suit in the company of a German soldier). If you go to the web address above, they have more information on the image, but it's origin appears somewhat unknown.

I'm hoping the Scottish National Portrait Gallery won't come after me for a copyright infringement...since I'm not using it for marketing...
:-D

Cheers,
Curt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom