Dive Club coming to Netflix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a firm believer in the Palmer Inverse Skin Law. The Law states “the more skin visible is the inverse square of the crap I give about being technologically accurate”.

If you put Jessica Alba in a bikini and a scuba tank, I could give a crap about if she has clipped off her safe second properly or is depicted holding a safety stop at the end of a dive. Put her in a DUI drysuit and I want to see her dive plan and know which deco gas she is planning on using.

This is true for science fiction and police procedurals. With Erin Gray in spandex, I could care less about the physics of space travel. Batgirl in a Catsuit? Yeah, Joker can totally rob a bank and go unrecognized.

The problem with this show was not the depiction of diving, but the depiction of these women as girls. They could have used the exact same cast, setting and plot and created a really fun, mildly campy series.
Nobody complained about the age of “high school” actors in Greese or plenty of other productions. Personally, I thought the first season was great :)
Russian phrases/accents were pretty authentic for a change :)
wreck penetration scene was pretty lame, but overall, great show :wink:

So, this is not a documentary about treasure divers?

I'm not sure Grease is a good comparison as the two stars were well-known and were obviously not in high school. And I'm watching the series -- albeit slowly -- so despite my comments I do enjoy it.

Regarding jobs, early in the first episode one of the girls alludes to work surveying coral. The second girl seems disinterested but it does seem like they were doing some sort of underwater assignment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom