Dive Cerulean Springs KY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRAN12DOn

New
Reaction score
Camped at Cerulean this Fri. night, did a lot of diving. The water was great 82 surface 77deg. at 30 ft. vis. was about 20' or more. really a great place to dive.
The people who have the place are very nice, and ready to help you, or just B/S with you. very nice people and have a great place to dive. You can find them at divecerulean.com

I am hoping to dive there next weekend and may be in need of a buddy on Saturday or Sunday. Any takers?

I dive there every weekend (just about) I always need a buddy so if you are going to be there and need a buddy, give me a shout. My # is 270.331.1439 or look for me in the white SUV with MOLD on side Windows.

p.s. MOLD is not actual MOLD it is white lettering :)

QUOTE]Cards90]I dive there every weekend (just about) I always need a buddy so if you are going to be there and need a buddy, give me a shout. My # is 270.331.1439 or look for me in the white SUV with MOLD on side Windows.[/QUOTE]

We have probably passed each other under the crusher. I dive there a lot. I have a vehicle thats easy to spot. A silver dodge 4-door PU with a colormatched shell on the back. What really makes it easy to spot is I have antennes all over it and a Green light on top..

Won't be there for a couple of weeks, gotta go to Denver in the morning on business (yuck) be back down there in a couple of weeks though.

Sonny

Hey Bran12don, what part of Indiana?

Dove Cerulean for the second time today....Water in the mid-80s down to 35ft, 10' vis.

Tried the nav course...little tough w/ the vis the way it was. I was 15 ft from the prop and didn't know it. Has anyone else done it? If you've got a Cerulean map, tell me if it's accurate. The bearing from the safe to the truck frame just didn't seem right (225 deg, but looking at the map it seems that it should be approx 120 deg).

Jim

GoBlue!:
Dove Cerulean for the second time today....Water in the mid-80s down to 35ft, 10' vis.

Tried the nav course...little tough w/ the vis the way it was. I was 15 ft from the prop and didn't know it. Has anyone else done it? If you've got a Cerulean map, tell me if it's accurate. The bearing from the safe to the truck frame just didn't seem right (225 deg, but looking at the map it seems that it should be approx 120 deg).

Jim

The nav course always has a little les vis, esp near the prop. I have done the course a few times now with success and with the bearings provided on the map. I will make sure it is correct next weekend. I am sure that if it was not Dave would have corrected it by now.

On another note:
Dove Mermet Springs today and it was not bad except for the fact that I only had on a 1 mil skin and my shortie, and I could not make it past 43' (60*) on my 2nd dive I followed the lines and made entry into the school bus and then the 727 Airplane (got cold there too and had to get out :) Seen lots of catfish and a few bass, bluegill and the sort. Next time I go I will have a 7 mil, hood and gloves so that I can enjoy it a little more. oh and the vis was about 10-12 ft

Ya, I figured he would've changed the map by now if it was wrong. Perhaps the drawn out lines are just inaccurate & the bearings are right. If you get a chance, I'd be very curious if you note the same thing I did about the safe -> truck frame bearing.

Have fun diving!
Jim

I dove Cerulean on Friday afternoon. Nice warm water. I am always lookinf for a dive buddy. I will probably dive this weekend at Cerulean.

Desa:
Hey Bran12don, what part of Indiana?
Hey Sonny, Bran12don, is actually Brandon's dad. Brandon is your son Eric's friend. If you ever need a dive partner that won't cost you anything (he,he) give me a call. Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom