Dive Catalina on the Island Time, 12/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips:
Early for me is at the beach at 6:30, in the water by 7:15 or so and out 70 to 80 minutes later. If everyone else can't make it that early, we'll get a dive in before they show and we'll see you off to work.
How does that sound?
I'm in.

(Trying to be more direct. eyebrow )

kelphelper:
I'd prefer to do a 3-tank dive for the trouble and expense. Is that an option?

Rick Inman:
Don't know if it's doable, but if it is, I'm absolutely for three dives! John?

Debbie and Rick,

I'm game! Let me see what it would take. It would be nice if we could make a third dive an option, so if people didn't want to pay for a third dive, they wouldn't have to. I'll start working on it.

John

wetrat:
Debbie and Rick,

I'm game! Let me see what it would take. It would be nice if we could make a third dive an option, so if people didn't want to pay for a third dive, they wouldn't have to. I'll start working on it.

John

I'm up for three dives! It'll still be fun even if just two, though. :)

Man o' man!! Stay off Scubaboard for a few days to take a DIR/F class, and ALL KINDS of wonderful stuff get organized!!!!:D

I would love to join you all on the RickInman Fundie-Love boat!!! I've left a message at the Express phone number and am waiting to hear back.

Wetrat: I'll let you know as soon as the boat lets me know. Thanks for arranging!

AND, beach diving on the 29th would be fantastic. I'll track back through the thread and see what the plan is... Whatever it is, I would love to be there. Count me IN!

Quarantined... but oh-so-happy!
Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
I've left a message at the Express phone number and am waiting to hear back.

Hooray Claudette!! It will be great to have you there!

John

OK, I just talked to Steve at Express Divers. 10 1/2 people are paid up at this point, but Steve hasn't checked his e-mail or messages today yet.

It would be an additional $525 to do three dives. Spread across 15 divers that would mean another $35 each. But, many have already signed up for a 2 tank dive and may not want to do a third dive for financial reasons or otherwise. So, here's how I am going to handle it:

Let's get 15 paid up divers at $95. I will PM everyone to see if they would like to do a third dive. I will divide the $525 among all desiring a third dive and PM them to let them know how much it would cost. I will wait for a reply to see how many still wish to do the third dive, and if five or more, schedule a third dive with Express Divers. Kelphelper, since you are special to me I will let you make a final decision whether to come or not after I have the final figures on the third dive.

During the third dive, the nondivers can socialize on the boat, drink coffee or hot chocolate or whatever. Even with a third dive, we should be back by 3:30 or so because the boat is so fast.

OK so here's who we have so far:

Rick Inman (2)
riguerin (2)
divinman (1)
wetrat (4)
scubalizard (1)
California Diver (1)
Captain Marvel (1)
Kevfin (1)
HBDiveGirl (1)

wetrat:
OK, I just talked to Steve at Express Divers. 10 1/2 people are paid up at this point, but Steve hasn't checked his e-mail or messages today yet.

It would be an additional $525 to do three dives. Spread across 15 divers that would mean another $35 each. But, many have already signed up for a 2 tank dive and may not want to do a third dive for financial reasons or otherwise. So, here's how I am going to handle it:

Let's get 15 paid up divers at $95. I will PM everyone to see if they would like to do a third dive. I will divide the $525 among all desiring a third dive and PM them to let them know how much it would cost. I will wait for a reply to see how many still wish to do the third dive, and if five or more, schedule a third dive with Express Divers. Kelphelper, since you are special to me I will let you make a final decision whether to come or not after I have the final figures on the third dive.

During the third dive, the nondivers can socialize on the boat, drink coffee or hot chocolate or whatever. Even with a third dive, we should be back by 3:30 or so because the boat is so fast.

OK so here's who we have so far:

Rick Inman (2)
riguerin (2)
divinman (1)
wetrat (4)
scubalizard (1)
California Diver (1)
Captain Marvel (1)
Kevfin (1)
HBDiveGirl (1)

Good job!

I'd bet your pleased to know that, if you ever loose your job, you could always get work as a Cruse Ship Activities Director. :D

Now, everyone on the list start chanting together:

"Three dives... three dives... three dives..."eyebrow

Rick Inman:
Good job!

I'd bet your pleased to know that, if you ever loose your job, you could always get work as a Cruse Ship Activities Director. :D

Now, everyone on the list start chanting together:

"Three dives... three dives... three dives..."eyebrow

LOL, thanks Rick!! I'm gonna stay on top of this thing! It's going to be a BLAST! Maybe we can make an annual event!

wetrat:
Kelphelper, since you are special to me I will let you make a final decision whether to come or not after I have the final figures on the third dive.
Wetrat, you're so sweet but I don't want to be a pain. I'll call as soon as I am sure I'll be free... 2 dives or 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom