Dive buddy wanted for Megalodon/fossil shore diving in Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheScubaRN

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I solo dive from the shore off Alhambra, service club, and Caspersen beach in Venice for teeth and fossils and I’m looking for a buddy. I’d like to venture a little further off the beach and I’d prefer to do that with an experienced buddy, rather than going solo.
Let me know if your interested in finding some megs with me.

Eric

Hey Eric,
I (somewhat) recently moved to Largo, and need a buddy. My wife is my usual buddy, but we have kids, so one of us ends up getting stranded on land.

I’ve wanted to try my hand at Meg tooth diving, and do some more diving in general now that we’re settled-ish in. I’ll shoot you a PM with my contact info.

Glad to hear from you! I’ll touch base shortly.

If there’s anyone else who would be interested in buddying up let me know..

I solo dive from the shore off Alhambra, service club, and Caspersen beach in Venice for teeth and fossils and I’m looking for a buddy. I’d like to venture a little further off the beach and I’d prefer to do that with an experienced buddy, rather than going solo.

Eric
Hey Eric,
Im new to FL , living in Cape Coral. Looking for some dive buddies.
Miranda

I am in the Venice area for the holiday, and all my boat trips got canceled because of the weather. Anyone diving off the shore Thursday or Friday?

Eric
I am curious about shore diving for meg teeth. I have a buddy who dives from Venice but always takes a charter. Do you have much luck hunting for teeth from shore? I ask because my 13yo daughter and I will be travelling to FL in April over spring break and we may want to add a little beach combing/shore dive for teeth. Thanks in advance.
Don

Hey Don, sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for reaching out! I have found a few megs diving from the common shore dive spots here in the Venice area. One of them was about 4+ inches with a nice gray color, full serrations and a perfect tip. It is a beauty. The further you venture off the beach the better chance you have of finding spots that haven’t been picked over by other shore divers. In my experience, It’s also not uncommon to come back with 20-30 pristine bull, lemon, etc. teeth on a good day when visibility is decent (10+ feet). Send me a private message with details about when you plan to be here in April and we can talk details.
Eric

Hi.

I usually do charter dives out there and have done the occasional dive from Alhambra and Service Club. I am wanting to venture deeper in hopes of finding some Megs.

Eric
Eric,

If you are looking for a dive buddy this coming June, I will be vacationing in Florida at that time and would like to meet up. Pretty flexible the first two week of June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom