Dive buddy wanted for Megalodon/fossil shore diving in Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mudbug, thanks for getting in touch. I will be out of town from end on May until first week on June but we may be able to meet up for a dive before you leave. I’ll send you a PM.
Eric

Great!! I replied to your pm....now doing some research....

I solo dive from the shore off Alhambra, service club, and Caspersen beach in Venice for teeth and fossils and I’m looking for a buddy. I’d like to venture a little further off the beach and I’d prefer to do that with an experienced buddy, rather than going solo.
Let me know if your interested in finding some megs with me.

Eric
Hey Eric,
Im new to Florida and live down in Fort Myers. Im looking to get into fossil hunting and spearfishing. Lets do it 🤷‍♂️

Hey Eric,
Im new to Florida and live down in Fort Myers. Im looking to get into fossil hunting and spearfishing. Lets do it 🤷‍♂️
I’m goinging out tomorrow to dive some reefs and spearfish. I need 1 diver. own a 45’ Sea Ray. 2 lady Divers and myself going. Depart out of Ft Meyers muni marina. Send me a PM is interested

Those of you who know Venice, do you have any restaurant recommendations? Any places that are not chains and are "you don't want to pass this up" sort of places?

Those of you who know Venice, do you have any restaurant recommendations? Any places that are not chains and are "you don't want to pass this up" sort of places?
I enjoy Dockside Waterfront Grill after diving. It's right near the boat ramp we normally go out from. In particular, I really enjoy the Lobster Lollipops.

Eric,

If you are looking for a dive buddy this coming June, I will be vacationing in Florida at that time and would like to meet up. Pretty flexible the first two week of June.
Hey I am getting back into fossil hunting from 7 year drought, I usually dive solo and since I obtained a boat the wifey gets nervous when I go alone and she on the boat , I used to dive out of Alhambra and go north of the drainage pipes around the area of the underwater Monoliths, but, am sure by now they have been buried by the sand. If your up to doing a two tank dive from the boat a little further out west of Alhambra ping me. I don't go on holiday weekends and looking at Sept 10 2022 or Sept 11. Ping me if interested

I have been diving many years and looking for another seasoned diver.

Thanks
Jeff

Hello There Eric,
I am going to be in veince Beach this Saturday with a friend, I was wondering if you would like to go. I will be meeting another friend there to go look for shark teeth.

Remington

Hey I am getting back into fossil hunting from 7 year drought, I usually dive solo and since I obtained a boat the wifey gets nervous when I go alone and she on the boat , I used to dive out of Alhambra and go north of the drainage pipes around the area of the underwater Monoliths, but, am sure by now they have been buried by the sand. If your up to doing a two tank dive from the boat a little further out west of Alhambra ping me. I don't go on holiday weekends and looking at Sept 10 2022 or Sept 11. Ping me if interested

I have been diving many years and looking for another seasoned diver.

Thanks
Jeff
Hey jeff,

My mother-in-law lives in Port Charlotte so I'm down there several times a year, for one to two weeks stints in January February and march. Looking like we're going to also are going in September or October in the future.

Would welcome the opportunity to get in some more fossil hunting, I usually take Charters but A) the cost and B) trying to get on board one can be somewhat difficult.

I would certainly welcome the opportunity to connect with you and talk about some possibilities.

And eric, I'd be interested in talking with you about Shore diving as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom