dive buddy got bent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure they understood all they needed to.

Your GF was there sucking on O2, had no symptoms and was in no immediate danger.

All you had to do was sit there until they got to you, but you just got up and left.

flots.

Wow, you are right. Glad to see I am not the only one who makes stupid assumptions about safety.

Ok, I'm done with this. I wish you the best all the best of luck and can learn from my experiences and mistakes. The good from this is that she is ok and i will ensure that i have a phone number of a MD that is able to help me the future. Thought i had something like that but i was wrong. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I am done with flame wars. I did not feel like lying and saying we did everything right and have no clue as to why she got bent, but I did not. That she got bent does not mystify me but it does surprise me. What happened afterward is what really scared me.

I am done with this. OP is now deleted.

Ok, I'm done with this. I wish you the best all the best of luck and can learn from my experiences and mistakes. The good from this is that she is ok and i will ensure that i have a phone number of a MD that is able to help me the future. Thought i had something like that but i was wrong. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I am done with flame wars. I did not feel like lying and saying we did everything right and have no clue as to why she got bent, but I did not. That she got bent does not mystify me but it does surprise me. What happened afterward is what really scared me.

I am done with this. OP is now deleted.
Your expectations of DAN are debatable; your expectations of internet forums are (were?) wildly optimistic.

When I started reading this interesting thread the original post was in place. When I finished it was gone. I can completely understand why you deleted it Jimmy in light of the abundance of off topic flame. May I encourage you to restore it as a service to those who have not given their relationship with DAN much thought? (Like me). Also maybe a DAN representative will respond... We can hope.

LMAO. Ok I will give you that one. I needed that

Cuss i want to change the topic, How did you change your post from what i saw and quoted back????
Just hit the edit key in the lower right-hand corner of your post.

People read what they want to read, and they address what they want to address. I thought your original post was a fair statement of the issue, and clearly not an invitation to discuss the DCS itself. Divers seem to take great comfort in assigning blame for DCS hits because it reassures them that it won't happen to them if they follow the rules. Divers take a lot of comfort in DAN too, misplaced or not. I think you should just let this thread go on; disengage yourself, perhaps. Thanks for starting a useful discussion (that is probably headed towards no longer useful).

Last edited:
call me retarded but anytime i edit a post, it says that it has been edited. I do not see that on your post.

MJJ and Val - unfortunately i do not see how I will benefit further from the posts, but i do see how this thread can end up hurting me. Let me let this issue fully resolve and become a humors memory. I will then put it back up. I have it saved on my computer. Sorry.

First of all, I'm glad that your girlfriend has recovered.

I have read most of this thread and what really confused me was the fact that your were in the ER, stable and waiting for medical attention and then LEFT! With your background and previous medical experience, I'm having a hard time with you not understanding triage.

Regardless of why the hit, and they can happen to anyone diving, even if you theoretically do everything correct. Obviously there were a number of things that were not done correctly, but thats for another thread.

It seems that DAN did what they were supposed to and your expectations were a little off. Again, glad the outcome was positive and it appears that the ER was correct. It was not life threating and could wait.

Just a little pick - Next time, break up the long opening statement with a few paragraphs. It will make it a lot easier to read.

call me retarded but anytime i edit a post, it says that it has been edited. I do not see that on your post
You have 20 minutes to edit a post without the notification, 24 hours to edit it in general. It's bad etiquette to change the substance of your post without explanation after it has been commented upon.

I rarely post in these threads because I usually get flamed but I feel a bit sorry for Jimmy. He was nice enough to share a bad experience with us to try to prepare us for things that are unexpected.

I'm not saying that his expectations of DAN and the ER weren't set a too high (they were) but any one else that has those expectations needs to be aware of how things may be handled if they are ever in that situation.

The #1 thing that I took from this thread is have plenty of O2 on hand. That's what in my non-medical opinion kept the situation from being a lot worse.

Jimmy, I'm glad that your dive buddy is OK and didn't suffer any long term harm.

OK Folks, flame away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom