Dive Buddy for April 17th or 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm looking to go diving possibly April 17th and/or 18th since I have that Monday off.

Unfortunately I'll be diving wet so weather dependent. I was only going to do one-tank but would bring two depending on how freezing I am.

Anywhere in Gloucester/Rockport would be nice but it also might be a good time dive Nahant since there will be less of a parking issue this early in the season.

If I'm around I'm interested, I should know in a few days if I'm free on Sunday.

I am free as well. Diving a new drysuit, so I am still getting familiar.
Slow and steady for me if i go. Let me know if Sunday in Gloucester would work.

Thanks,

Now I'm actually thinking about going diving both days. On Sunday, I am thinking Canoe Beach in Nahant, MA since it's not summer and parking shouldn't be a problem if I ask the Police Station first.

I have another friend who also wants to go diving on Monday now. Still undecided where but somewhere in Gloucester/Rockport I think.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested. Might end up being very short diving for me though.

Went out today with salub2007 and another friend to Canoe Beach in Nahant. Ended up thumbing the dive after about 10-15 minutes. Visibility less than 5ft. 45f degrees. Max depth 20ft at 15 minutes for me.

I was surprisingly warm diving wet but we weren't very deep and only in the water for about 15 minutes.

If the weather is good next week I am going to head up to Cape Ann.

I was out at back beach rockport today with a rescue class - we were in the water for about 3 hours. it was pretty frigid...

I was out at back beach rockport today with a rescue class - we were in the water for about 3 hours. it was pretty frigid...

How was the visibility at Back Beach? I think my computer temperature was reading a few degrees higher than it should. Although Nahant is a bit more south than Gloucester.

It was really windy - but vis was about 15 feet.

I understand that there is a lot of heavy equipment at Back Beach and that they are moving the boulders around. The ramp is supposed to be covered with rocks. Anyone know what is going on. I tried to go out with students on Sunday but there were nine foot seas and most everywhere was blown out. The water temp. at Niles Beach on Saturday was around 43-44degrees F.

Yes - the winter storms trashed the left side of the beach. The sidewalk near the ramp became undermined. Previously level kitchen table sized blocks of granite now tilt at 30 degrees. All that said, monday was a pleasant yet cold day.

Back
Top Bottom