DIVE BRITISH COLUMBIA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVERBRAD

Reaction score
I love the diving in British Columbia. Favorites include Gabriola Island (Dodd Narrows, Gab Passage, Poilier Pass), South West Vancouver Island (Beechy Head, Race Rocks), etc...Anywhere there is alot of current. If anyones got q's i'll try and help or point you in the right direction. If you're in the area get in touch i love to dive. Other areas that rock include the Sunshine Coast, North East Vancouver Island, all the Gulf Islands, Nootka Sound now has consistant charter operators - out-a-sight diving here.

Locally i dive Vancouver, Nanaimo, Victoria, Campbell River, and Sunshine Coast. Can put anyone in touch with the best operators.

Has anyone else been diving there?

It's one of the places I haven't been diving and wondered who has and what they could share about it?

Well here in Québec (more near Tadoussac and Les Escoumins), the St-Laurent River is similar to the Pacific ocean: cold and salty. There is A LOT of vegetation and sea urchin. Of course, you have to dive dry, but some people dive in wetsuits in summer (brrrr...). Water is constantly 2-4 degrees Celsius so... :)

There isn't much sites on St-Laurent River, but im working on one for my "boutique" in Québec (pronounce Kay-Bek) city.

Stay in touch!
A bientôt!

Hey, DT!

Speaking of Les Escoumains, how is that dive? I understand it's interesting...

Were abouts in PQ are you? We have very good diving friends in Montreal & the surrounding area.

A bientot!

~SubMariner~

(A Canuck in the Deep South)

My first dives at Les Escoumins were really wet even if I was in a dry suit! The dry was too big for me and I forgot to put black tape on seals to stop water from entering... brrr!
And I wasn't really good with my buyancy :)

Im in Charlesbourg, a little town neighbourgh of Québec.

A bientôt! :)

Originally posted by SubMariner
Hey, DT!

Speaking of Les Escoumains, how is that dive? I understand it's interesting...

Were abouts in PQ are you? We have very good diving friends in Montreal & the surrounding area.

A bientot!

~SubMariner~

(A Canuck in the Deep South)

Well I ordered my drysuit and tried it last week, but the boots were too small... so im still waiting for it.

Im eager to FINALLY dive DRY DRY :)

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this board for a few weeks now, but this is my first post. I'm also in British Columbia and recently learned how to dive (Novembrrrr). Unfortunately I haven't been under since my OW classes, but I'm buying Scuba gear when I can.
Thanks for providing me with tons of entertainment and info!

If anyone is still monitoring this thread I'm planning a trip to Vancouver and am wondering who might have some info on good spots to hit during a 10-day stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom