Dive Boats on Big Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack's Diving Locker. Kona area. Good staff, good boats, great diving. Nice new store. Enjoy!!

Aloha Dive, great 6 pack operator.

I also HIGHLY recommend Wanna-Dive. I just arrived back from a 3 days dive-a-thon with them, they were GREAT. I am going to post a write-up of my experiences. Jack's Dive Locker was aweful (divemaster on the trip dropped a tank on my foot) so I would advise against them. Especially if you don't want to be crammed in a van for the ride to the dock with too many people to be safely put in a van)

I recommend Dive Kaui, they even have a pre dive briefing while they launch the boat for new divers (for them) where they teach hand signals for all the fish. Great bunch of people. Book early, they fill up fast.

Flamebug:
There are a kazillion ops here now in Kona. Most are actually pretty good.
If you can narrow it down with some info it might help.
How experienced are you? Do you want \ need a guide or refresher?
Are you extremely social (like people) or do you prefer small groups.
There are some operators that cater to small groups (6 or less) and some to larger groups. Some are into scooters, aka DPV's, and so forth. Tell us a bit more what you want, and also where you are staying, how long, to help us narrow down the list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom