Dive Boat Recommendations in G.C. & Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigkahunaz

Reaction score
My wife & I are cruising on the Carnival Triumph on the November 29th sailing from Port of Miami. We will be in Cozumel on 12/01/2003 & in Grand Cayman on 12/03/2003. We are looking to dive at both Ports of Call. We prefer with an independent dive boat operator instead of the dive excursion that can be booked on board the cruise ship. Does anyone have any recommendations for independent dive boat operators in either ports. Does anyone have any comments about dive excursions that can be booked from the Carnival Triumph?

Thanks!

Brian

I'm a big fan of Neptune's Divers because my fiance and I got certified with them.

They might be worth a try.

They are so many wonderful dive operators in GC, that you would be hard pressed to go wrong, I think.

Dive with Martin has their location at the cruise ship pier. He is very good. Ck out some of the comments on this board and on www.scubadiving.com also his web site www.cozumel-diving.net/martin/ for more info on this operation. Have used him and was very pleased. There are stateside phone numbers and email address on his website to secure resevations. Let them know your needs and they will take care of it for you. :thumb:

In Coz, I suggest you try Aldora Divers. They have fast boats that get to the more remote and pristine sites, high capacity steel tanks that give you far longer dives and they do their surface interval between dives at Playa Sol which is a nice beach club with a fresh water pool and plenty of amenities that many cruise boat folks pay to go to for the day as a side excursion by itself. If you are going to dive with Aldora from a cruise boat be sure to reserve your spot with them in advance so you can make arrangements to meet up with them on time because their boats head out close to 7:30 am.

You can read several informative posts on them as well as other dive operations in the Mexico section of this board.

www.aldora.com

I just got back from a carnival cruise to GC, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Very fun trip. DO NOT book with the ship! You will be overcharged adn underserviced. You will be placed directly on a cattle boat... In a herd....
We hired in Cozumel - Dive Paradise.. They are excellent. We did two dives with them. A daytime drift dive - Palancar Caves adn a night dive... Paradise reef??? I think. Both were awesome. They were reasonably priced and the divemaster was EXCELLENT... Nacho Costeau was our DM. I would go back. Very cool dives.
In GC we hired Ebanks divers. James to be exact. Two dives there too... The aquarium and stingray city - do not miss stingray city adn do not confuse it with stingray sandbar - do the DIVE as opposed to the snorkel. MUCH better. My favorite dive...
On both stops we were the only ones that were taken out by the boat - it was awesome to get the personal attention. I would highly recommend it. They catered to our times that we were in port, etc....
You will have a great time. Line up your excursions ahead of time and watch out for the difference in time from ship to shore... They go by a different time zone sometimes....
Feel free to e-mail me with additional questions. I am happy to help. Wish I was going back there too!
Lucky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom