Dive boat etiquette - when to turn the dive on a charter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clearly this was a joke, but also was in reference to post I was replying to and them not wanting random rendering unasked for and unwanted "aid".

However it also appears that Mares AI transmitters already do this.
yes, a joke. I don't know why the person who intervened didn't ask the OP for the cylinder pressure. If I were the OP, I'd certainly be using a very clear hand signal to my "rescuer."

yes, a joke. I don't know why the person who intervened didn't ask the OP for the cylinder pressure. If I were the OP, I'd certainly be using a very clear hand signal to my "rescuer."
Weird they said they only had 100 left but their gauge said they had more. Odd finger choice for the 100 pressure too. But man were they determined in their answer, must have been narked lol

Weird they said they only had 100 left but their gauge said they had more. Odd finger choice for the 100 pressure too. But man were they determined in their answer, must have been narked lol
100 or 1000 as in post #11?

100 or 1000 as in post #11?

More thinking along the lines of a single finger salute to a “rescuer” who doesn’t get the hint that I’m fine and they should/can leave me alone lol

After more cordial and traditional tank pressure exchange hand signals of course

I think they were talking about the very clear hand signal previously mentioned.
Ah gotcha. Missed that. Yeah, I forget all the random ways to signal pressure in the recreational world. With all the methods being taught, one would be lucky that the same system was used. I hope one day the tech way crosses over completely.

More thinking along the lines of a single finger salute to a “rescuer” who doesn’t get the hint that I’m fine and they should/can leave me alone lol

After more cordial and traditional tank pressure exchange hand signals of course
I totally missed that! LOL.

Being ready to help is one thing, actually beginning to process of rendering (unneeded) aid is another.
LOL,, Kinda like seeing someone with their eye's closed, laying down, enjoying the sunshine, and ,,,,,,BAM they are hit with chest compressions,,,, before being asked if they are alright.

LOL,, Kinda like seeing someone with their eye's closed, laying down, enjoying the sunshine, and ,,,,,,BAM they are hit with chest compressions,,,, before being asked if they are alright.
of worse, receiving mouth to mouth!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom