Dive Bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been on several boats that hang 100% O2 on the safety stop bar. I have seen it used twice, the first time I was not informed of the reason, so can't comment. The second however, I was aware of, I was diving with a father and son and the son had a free flow at about 100' freshwater. Both dad and son panicked and went to the surface much too fast and I could not get them to slow down, but I refused to rise that fast. I was left alone and surfaced as trained deploying a dsmb from safety stop so boat could find me. We were at the opposite end of the wreck from the mooring line. Both father and son were put on the O2 for 15 minutes to minimize effects of rapid ascent rate. Fortunately both were OK but were done diving for the day. So, my point is that for safety reasons I believe the O2 is beneficial, I don't believe it is wise to use for deco or safety stop without proper training. Just my 2cents.

LOL. I don't really mind the insults...but incorrect and dangerous dogma needs to be addressed.
He mentions waves.....that is exactly when I prefer 80% for shallow deco.
80% — you and me both. And you can get on it at 9m/30ft. And get a good fill. And there’s barely any difference in decompression time compared with pure oxygen.

I am a tech diver and (retired) tech instructor...thanks for the lecture.
You were talking about NDL dives and divers; why are you now talking about deco dives and procedures?
"Clipping" to the line is NOT a best practice, even if you do it.
Tec instuctor,
tyec diver,
marine scintest,
marine researcher, ?

I clip to a line all the time, it is best practice.

You have your opinions,
I have mine,

At least I own and use the equipment I speak about.

As far as hanging on a line in any situation, I have never had any issues.

Except of course those dives in 10M swells. I which case the bird cage is a necessary eveil.

many divers worldwide, many operations are pumping O2 to those that want it, sorry that you can not understand the Health resons behind dong so.

80% — you and me both. And you can get on it at 9m/30ft. And get a good fill. And there’s barely any difference in decompression time compared with pure oxygen.
Not about decompression time, it is about health.

Especially important for older community.

BTW, somone mention O2 burn out, burn out take place at hundreds and thousands of hours of improper use, please quote study on same. Because burn out due to O2 Not issue.

BTW, somone mention O2 burn out, burn out take place at hundreds and thousands of hours of improper use, please quote study on same. Because burn out due to O2 Not issue.
Absolutely wrong and dangerous to post such misinformation. You are completely ignoring pulmonary toxicity.

Push your oxygen clock and it feels like you've just smoked a couple of packs of cigarettes (probably can't use the English slang for faags)
I have no idea about that; I've never smoked. But my lungs feel like sandpaper and I'm done with diving until they feel better. That is from too many deco dives with hangs at PPO2=1.6.

I have no idea about that; I've never smoked. But my lungs feel like sandpaper and I'm done with diving until they feel better. That is from too many deco dives with hangs at PPO2=1.6.
One of the other benefits of CCR. Deco's at 1.3ish. Which coincidentally is the same PPO2 as decoing on 80%.

One of the other benefits of CCR. Deco's at 1.3ish. Which coincidentally is the same PPO2 as decoing on 80%.
That 1.3 was the best part of my CCR diving....

Absolutely wrong and dangerous to post such misinformation. You are completely ignoring pulmonary toxicity.
No I am not.

I , with all due respect, suggest you spend some time learning about the benifits of Oxygen and diving, as you clearly confusing pulmonary toxicity and something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom