Dive Bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I do have a point. Holding a hang bar on a pitching boat gives you the option of letting go. Sitting in a chair attached to the pitching boat is an act of stupidity.....
I'll remember that the next time I'm cliped to the deco line with a snap. And I never said chair. Keep your own words in your own mouth please.

Any pics?
Not yet. Still thinking about the rough edges. It's just a small seat witha hole in it. Have some wood ones that look like small disks.

I'll remember that the next time I'm cliped to the deco line with a snap. And I never said chair. Keep your own words in your own mouth please.
Ya @rhwestfall. Lol

514E9418-05A9-4820-A944-EDA7B49B8C2F.gif

I’ve been to some dive bars before.

Going to place 100% o2 at: 5m / 15 Feet for livaboard customers. What should it be called. Where if this section shoud be discussed? Couldn't find anythig after multiple searches.

Plan is on suspended rest seats / bar at 15 feet to place a few regulators running 100% Oxygen for divers. Figure will be great service for everyone deco wise. Allready have O2 sourch that can supply needs and already have rest stop in place anyways. This is inaddition to the mooring line.
?

Fiberglass seats we borrowed from a local trash bin. We run a seperate line over the side, and in wavy days you get a nice ride. (Joke) Actually just a simple splice in line and a couple of plastic and nylon loops. As well as snaps and a gear bag, Just In Case any one wants to use same. I know a number of places and ships do it this way, just trying to get a differing perspective from people that have done this as well. Use also discarded lead for bottom of line. It is little details that make up a good operation. Seperate line makes it very easy to mark depth. Anchor line and fixed mooring bouys lines, is difficult to mark and always changing. So seperate line increases safety and makes life a lot easier for all. Spectra O2 clean hose is very very cheep, couple of one way valves, couple of clamps. This hose is very very strong and light. Whole thing for under a couple of hundred Euros. I know couple of places that do this for some events and such. Why not do it full time???? Should help everyone who wants to with deco. And you don't have to drag extra tank around. Begs point: how many dive boats carry spare O2 tanks and know what style valve customers use? I fully expect the naysayers to come out in force, seems that this is best use of this place.

The distinction between (sling) "seat" and "chair" seems arbitrary and pretty irrelevant to the discussion of risk of wave-induced vertical excursion in the water column. Arguably, a sling-"seat" may be harder to quickly exit than a "chair".

I'm a bit confused. This procedure is intended for non-tec divers who are doing deco?
I'll remember that the next time I'm cliped to the deco line with a snap.
When is this a good idea?

I'm a bit confused. This procedure is intended for non-tec divers who are doing deco?

When is this a good idea?
Will grant you your opinion about idea,...but will not change standard practice.

This O2 service will be for paying recreational customers, not tec dive. Most participants very pleased to see big green tanks for their safety.

Once again you put words in mouth that are not there. This reminds all / fact that you freely give advice for "equipment" you have never seen, never used, do not own, on your various "Research" and scholarly trips. Mr. "Marine Scientist." But yet still give "advice." Where you publish your research papers?

Will grant you your opinion about idea,...but will not change standard practice.

This O2 service will be for paying recreational customers, not tec dive. Most participants very pleased to see big green tanks for their safety.

Once again you put words in mouth that are not there. This reminds all / fact that you freely give advice for "equipment" you have never seen, never used, do not own, on your various "Research" and scholarly trips. Mr. "Marine Scientist." But yet still give "advice." Where you publish your research papers?
Will those recreational divers be certified/ trained on use of 100% o2 at depth?
Since they’re not doing deco dives, why do they even need it?

So, for recreational divers, not tec divers, you intend to provide O2 to them while they are on their safety stop. Is that the plan? Why did you refer to these as deco stops?

I'll report your personal attacks on me. Keep on digging.

To be fair, when Bikini Atoll Diving was land based, (I had no affiliation), they would take pretty much any recreational diver, lead them on technical dives, then let them do surface supplied deco on a rich O2 mix, usually around 75%. Whether this is a GOOD idea or not is debatable, but many thousands of divers got to experience technical wreck diving who would otherwise have not got the chance. I know because I was one of them, and went on to have a long and successful run of technical wreck diving. But this was several decades ago in a third world country with very different liability laws to those of the USA. I don't think I would want to be responsible for supplying O2 at depth to unqualified divers under US tort law.
BTW, Jon lines are quite useful on a deco bar when the swell is rolling. I don't think I would want to be attached to the deco bar in any other way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom