Dive Bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, Jon lines are quite useful on a deco bar when the swell is rolling. I don't think I would want to be attached to the deco bar in any other way.
I agree completely. Chris Dee didn't answer my question when asked when being "cliped (sic) to the deco line with a snap" was a good idea.

I have been on several boats in the NE USA where they drop hoses with second stages at the 15ft mark with 100% O2 (from a big tank sitting on the boat) for anyone who wanted to do their stop at 15th on 100% O2. You pay them if you used it based on honor system. It was available to all regardless of the certification, tech or rec.

Reactions: OTF
I think this seat/ chair thing, the OP is talking about, Is like a kids swing with one rope, and has a round disc on the end of it...
Personally seem like a good idea and simple....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613-173354_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230613-173354_Samsung Internet.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 41
I think this seat/ chair thing, the OP is talking about, Is like a kids swing with one rope, and has a round disc on the end of it...
Personally seem like a good idea and simple....
If you want to get entangled in something. Or bounced around.

I'm a bit confused. This procedure is intended for non-tec divers who are doing deco?

When is this a good idea?
Once again your attempt mislead and obfiscate issues.

And once again you freely give "advice" about something you clearly know nothing about. But your mouth keeps moving.

Common practice to supply 100% O2.
Standard parctice on Deco dives to switch to 100% at approprate depth.
First rule of medicail assiastance at surface 100% O2.
Clip to line standard practice. Somtimes better than cable hooch. Waves.
100% O2 almost standard practice given to many divers upon request,.....ICE, HEAT, tired, etc,...

And once again you freely give "advice" about something you clearly know nothing about. But your mouth keeps moving.

100% O2 almost standard practice given to many divers upon request,.....ICE, HEAT, tired, etc,...
I am a tech diver and (retired) tech instructor...thanks for the lecture.
You were talking about NDL dives and divers; why are you now talking about deco dives and procedures?
"Clipping" to the line is NOT a best practice, even if you do it.

Bluntly, you’re presenting yourself as a bit of an arse. You should tone down the insults and dogma.

BTW 100% oxygen is not standard practice. Many reasons that it is stressful on the lungs, driving up CNS and needs special techniques (air breaks). Nobody clips to a shot or SMB line because it is dangerous.

Bluntly, you’re presenting yourself as a bit of an arse. You should tone down the insults and dogma.

BTW 100% oxygen is not standard practice. Many reasons that it is stressful on the lungs, driving up CNS and needs special techniques (air breaks). Nobody clips to a shot or SMB line because it is dangerous.
LOL. I don't really mind the insults...but incorrect and dangerous dogma needs to be addressed.
He mentions waves.....that is exactly when I prefer 80% for shallow deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom