Dive bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanSpirit

Reaction score
I don't know whether this problem is common but every dive bag I have owned has failed in some way, normally the zipper breaks due to overpacking. Well, I've now found the solution! I went to the Boat Show in London and a firm called Quba sails had a stand. What they do is make clothing and bags from reclaimed sail material. The extra large bag they do is huge and has a massive plastic zipper that looks like it's come from King Kong's Levis!! As a real plus you can have lettering put on included in the price (£63.00). Lead time is 2 weeks. http://www.QUBA.COM. Worth a look folks!

Look at the zipper...that is the KEY to buying a dive bag. Plastic zippers are best because they don't rust...and the oversized zipper tab is the best thing!
I will NEVER buy a dive bag with a metal zipper again!

Hopefully I'll never have to buy another dive bag!

Heads Up

Wait until you overpack it full of gear and then take through an international airport!

"The wee baggie cannae tek it, Cap'n!"

I have an oversized wet/dry duffel from Patagonia - it is built from the heavy duty rubber coated stuff and have been through a number of airports stuffed to the brim with climbing gear - no problems so far - 8 years and counting.

Terkel

Back
Top Bottom