Dive Aruba With Clive Is A Must Do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracyN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just got back from Aruba. While I was there I did 4 days of diving with Clive at Dive Aruba. If you are an experienced diver and want to hit the spots where most dive boats don't go then Clive is your man. If you aren't that strong of a diver then Clive is not your man. :) Most of the sites we hit were closer to the south side of the island where the seas were much rougher. We were diving in 5-10 ft seas. It made for some sporty dives but the reefs were very pretty. Clive said the best reefs are down at that end. Most of the other dive and snorkel boats go to the west side of the island where it is calmer. Clive runs a six pack dive boat so there is no overcrowding and you get at least an hour of bottom time.

Many people frown upon it but in the rough seas I was very thankful that Clive switched out the tanks in between dives. I had no issues. Clive knows how to set up gear.

If I go to Aruba again I will definitely be diving with Clive. Make sure you bring a large SMB to be seen over the high waves. :)

I also chose Clive when I was in the Dutch Antilles. I enjoyed my dives with him and would certainly go again. However, he does move pretty fast at times and, being an underwater videographer, I often stop to shoot which made it a bit difficult to keep up. On the SS Antilla dive we had a group of divers and the pace was fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom