Dive Applique and Embroidery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vannsbtch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I do monogramming and applique, and I have been searching for designs that I can put on items. I have a dive flag that I can embroider and many other things, but I was wondering if anyone else on here does embroidery/applique that has found a great place that sells alot of designs? I googled it and found that top sites but they dont offer that much

I do have a place that can do it, its just very expensive. I was hoping someones wife on here might do monogramming.

Digitizing is quite expensive. As a matter of fact this past week I looked into buying a Viking Designer Ruby Embroidery machine with a $2000 software bundle, A total of close to 10 grand to do exactly what you are talking about. I told the salesman what I was doing and what my intentions were and was assured that this machine and software could do the job. So I asked her to show me and took a memory stick out of my pocket with pre-selected photos. I was appalled at the results. So she shows me this site with Bass and Sailfish outlines and asks me if this is more what I was looking for, no I wanted the head shot of my French Angel digitized so I could put it on a tee shirt. No sale. Good luck in your search as there is not a lot to choose from out there.

Ya its expensive and so is the software. And from what I have heard you are either a digitizer or an embroiderer. Well poo is what I say. Well it was just a thought. I do have some good looking dive stuff. Just wanted more

Part of the problem is the quality of the images you can take nowadays. I use a Canon T2i which takes 18mp images. The software analyzes the image and assigns thread colors. My French Angel shot had over 200 colors assigned and it locked up the software. So we limited the colors to 50 and the result had no resemblance to the original image. You could probably go to a professional digitizer and get it done for a couple of hundred and have them do all the work but what's the fun in that. I am looking at the iron on tee shirt route. Yeah it does sucketh.

Ya, I have a Nikon D60 and it takes good pics. But my problem is finding stuff I like. But oh well.

Back
Top Bottom