Dive Alert sound device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're wanting to maintain buddy contact then have a look at the Aquacoustics' amgio @ New Look!. I'm working on the commercialization at the moment. If you have a few moments I'd love to hear from you about the new case concept. Kindest regards, Tim

I dive the Dark Waters Rivers of SC and when you surface here you could be looking at a Big Old Gator. I have found that they don't like the sound the DiveAlert make, And you can always use it to signal the boat Too! Merry Christmas and Safe Diving!

I'm Air Force helicopter rescue pilot that has searched for many a lost diver over the last 20+ years. .... At night, night vision goggles are so sensitive these days that we'll even see a mirror flash off of moon light. Strobes are ideal. Movement is what catches a searchers eye. One of the best low tech signaling devices is a 12 hour, preferably red chem glow stick (green will work) tied to 4-6 foot length of line. When one spins it over their head, the motion can be seen for miles by searchers on night vision. .... with the right signaling devices it's almost easier to find someone at night vs in the day, so advise folks to stay calm after the sun sets, it won't take long to be found.

This is very helpful, I had no idea searchers used night vision goggles, I guess I assumed they would not go out at night.

Off to buy the glow stick. I think I'll skip the DiveAlert.

Back
Top Bottom