Dive Alert not working underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love to annoy. Where do I find this duck noisemaker?

Do you want my wife's? It's useless, I thought it was a surface blaster, it gave us a right laugh when she tried to signal the boat with it though.

I find the rattles equally annoying, but a friend of mine found a magnetic one the other day, that only rattles when you need it to.

View attachment 74258

This does not work. Which brand works?

I don't have the underwater bit but I took apart my alert portion and put it back together when it got too much salt build up. Works fine now. Pretty simple devise.

I was on a live aboard a couple of years ago and there was a large group of ladies from Texas there and they all had that Subduck thing. It took me a few days to figure it out, but it sounded like the constant quacking of a flock of ducks. They were communicating UW using Morse code. If I ever see those things on a BC...I'm ripping it off! Those things should be banned.

Get a pealess whistle. The only way it won't work is if you're dead and it then is a moot point anyway.

While annoying that is pretty ingenious of them to use it as a morse code device. Does a pealess whistle work underwater?

BTW - i know you are kidding, but I think if anyone ever tried to rip something off my body i would beat them to a pulp :mooner:

I bought one (plus) for my wife to use in emergencies, or critical situations. She is a little insecure and wanted a safety blanket so to speak not for me to come over see a particular pretty fish. A recent trip caused her to try and get my attention (as I was absorbed trying to photograph a nudi) and I could not her it. I was about 25-30 feet away in 75+ vis. Anyway, now that I read this, maybe she did not have the dial selected to underwater??? Would that make a difference?

Your wife is OK with you taking pictures of naked girls? I may get one for my fiancee as she is a bit nervous underwater from an accident (no injuries, just really shaken up)

The one I have has a little switch, surface and under water. Both me and my buddy keep these on our equipment, just like the whistle on our BC. They are a goog Idea to have and work nice. Hope you get yours working.

Neil

I have the exact noisemaker. Used it on hundreds of dives. It's tough as nails. Mine did stop working also after the first 100 or so dives.. I took it apart. soaked it and its components in fresh water put some fresh silicone grease on the moving parts and haven't had a problem ever since. Very handy device.. For all of the people who think it should be banned from the scuba world.. Try getting the attention of a large group of divers whom you are supposed to lead, or getting the attention of that one diver who somehow managed to get 60 feet below the rest of the group.... It works wonders at focusing everybody in the group on the dive leader.

We manufacture DiveAlert. The original DiveAlert was surface signaling only. Ever since we introduced DiveAlert, divers have said, "too bad it does not signal underwater too." So, we introduced the DiveAlert Plus for those divers who want both. We still offer the original DiveAlert for divers who want the safety benefits of surface signaling only.

If your DiveAlert Plus is not working underwater return it to us and give us a chance to make things right. We are located in Seattle, WA and we stand behind our products.

Thanks,
Dave

We manufacture DiveAlert. The original DiveAlert was surface signaling only. Ever since we introduced DiveAlert, divers have said, "too bad it does not signal underwater too." So, we introduced the DiveAlert Plus for those divers who want both. We still offer the original DiveAlert for divers who want the safety benefits of surface signaling only.

If your DiveAlert Plus is not working underwater return it to us and give us a chance to make things right. We are located in Seattle, WA and we stand behind our products.

Thanks,
Dave
Please send me the exact address so I can return it to you. Thanks

Our address is:

Ideations / DiveAlert
PO Box 99575
4214 - 24th Ave West
Seattle, WA 98199

Thanks,
Dave

Back
Top Bottom