Dive Alert not working underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the OP said Dive Alert but used a picture of a Dive Alert Plus. I was assuming they meant they had the plus.

If it's really a plus and doesn't work UW, seems they should exchange it for one that does.

They have a purpose...but it seems they get used in an improper fashion by a lot of people that own them.

threads merged...

I was on a live aboard a couple of years ago and there was a large group of ladies from Texas there and they all had that Subduck thing. It took me a few days to figure it out, but it sounded like the constant quacking of a flock of ducks. They were communicating UW using Morse code. If I ever see those things on a BC...I'm ripping it off! Those things should be banned.

Get a pealess whistle. The only way it won't work is if you're dead and it then is a moot point anyway.

I was on a live aboard a couple of years ago and there was a large group of ladies from Texas there and they all had that Subduck thing. It took me a few days to figure it out, but it sounded like the constant quacking of a flock of ducks. They were communicating UW using Morse code. If I ever see those things on a BC...I'm ripping it off! Those things should be banned.

Get a pealess whistle. The only way it won't work is if you're dead and it then is a moot point anyway.

I love to annoy. Where do I find this duck noisemaker?

I bought one (plus) for my wife to use in emergencies, or critical situations. She is a little insecure and wanted a safety blanket so to speak not for me to come over see a particular pretty fish. A recent trip caused her to try and get my attention (as I was absorbed trying to photograph a nudi) and I could not her it. I was about 25-30 feet away in 75+ vis. Anyway, now that I read this, maybe she did not have the dial selected to underwater??? Would that make a difference?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom