Diva BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hated diving with a weightbelt...the other positive about intergrated that I didn't think of ahead of time is that with the weightbelt, I always felt like the belt was pulling me down and the BC pulling me up (with me caught in the middle).

With my Diva...it's all on the BC, so I don't get that torn feeling.

Peace,
Cathie

I also like the fact that you don't have to position the weights. I have a hard time with that as well. I am a newby as well so the easier the better. Less things to have to remember.

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
I also like the fact that you don't have to position the weights. I have a hard time with that as well. I am a newby as well so the easier the better. Less things to have to remember.

heres a story for ya.. i did 6 dives one day, then the next day I woke up really tired, but had to dive.. so i suited up and was on my way to jump off the dock and wait in the water while my buddy was still strapping and complaining about his weightbelt.. so the DM asked me "hey wheres your weightbelt"? and i was like "hah! dont need one! i have weight integrated!" and i patted my bc weightpockets to show off...and noticed they weren't there cuz i took em out the night before .. oooopzzzzz !! :blush: :dork:

by the way, i have a diva lx and its awesome - no booby squashing at all.. my only complaint is that its hard for me to see and open the zippers..it might be my mask, im gona buy the cressi big eyes and see how that works before i complain some more about the diva.

The booby thing is a big deal for me. I know all the male divers just love it but honestly how much is too much. I want to enjoy the experience not be chocked for the entire dive. I guess I have alot of trying on and decisions to make.

Cobaltbabe,
a good friend of mine is about your height, but model skinny. She dives the Diva in XS, and during the dive loves the comfort. But with 18# lift it barely keeps her at the surface, and squeezes rather badly. That aside, her tank (single cam band) came loose twice, and the velcro on the pouches start wearing low. The Diva LX seems to be the better BC when it comes to lift,
but is quite a bit heavier and bulkier when travelling. The only back bouyancy bc she found so far is the Zeagle Ranger Jr. (I'm not kidding, a kid's bc).
If you want to get into extended range diving, you might want to have a look at Dive Rite's Transpak II. Excellent quility, modular system, you might well be able to make it fit right for you. I know a couple of girls who dive them, and love them. Zeagle's BCs are also modular, and might work. Dealer's will (or are supposed to) help you fit them, for example combining one size shoulder harnesses and a differnt size backpad. Either manufacturer offers different sized bladders, so you can get them as you need them. Both offer well designed weight integration. The Dive Rite BC can be used with a backplate, it fits between the BC and backpad. If you can get it to fit you, I think it's the best bc you can get, and the most versatile one.
Good luck. :)

Thanks Caveseeker7,
I will add that one to my list. This is why I like this board, lots of good opinions to take into consideration. :D

I also use a TPII. In the small and extra small sizes, the back of the harness is two inches shorter to better fit women. Well, try it on & see what happens. Also, on jackets definitely watch out for extremely low lift in the small and XS sizes as someone above mentioned. Those are limited to tropical diving.

Another one to test. I am going out in two weeks and am using an aqualung, my buddies. I'm using them in that kind in class as well but it get squeezed alot. Right now I just want to hit the water and take my time picking the right gear for me. NO PINK THOUGH!!!!!:D

I was going to post this privately, but figured we'd get better response this way :wink:

what about the genisis RECON back inflation bc? it looks to me like it would work well for a female, as it only has the straps up front, no bladders on the front as it is a back inflation?

Not one of my fav BC's. It is on the bulky side and has an enormous 75 pound wing that tends to taco around a single tank. Lots of drag. On the expensive side also. Same goes for the Sherwood outback. A couple of guys had these when I was down at Coco View at New Years. I just cant see it, especially on a woman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom