Diva BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
For the women of SB, are there any other brands of BC other then the Diva that you would recommend. I have heard good things but would like to check out others if they are out there.

My wife needed a new BC last summer. She was wearing a ScubaPro Ascent, and wanted to move from jacket squeeze-city to a back inflate.

A lot has to do with body type. In her case, she's tall-ish (5-9) and lean...no real curvey. Sort of a dancer's body type (narrow hips, etc.)

For her, the Libra was the ticket. its essentially the Balance, but the padded top part of the straps are cut a lot shorter so they don't buckle across her bust. We went out and she tried them all, and when she came across the Libra, its was the whole Goldilox thing.

If a back inflate will work for you, you may want to try it.

K

I am a little bit chesty so I definetly need something that won't kill the pups. I am new to the game so I'm not sure a back inflator is good for me. I do want integrated weights since I am ending up with bruises all over my hips from my weight belt already. I will check it out. Thank you

CobaltBabe sounds like we have similar anatomy. A jacket style BCD mashes me so I can hardly breathe. I got a Diva and I love it- back inflate, and comfortable in the front. I tried the Libra and felt like everything was really upfront, pushed in by the straps, and noticeable.
There are a lot of posts about the Diva in the Women's section of the board.
Diana

Thank you Diana,
I just want to be as informed as possible. I am also thinking about a back plate since I want to go into tech diving and duo tanks but not sure if my experience level at this point will be enough to handle it. I need as much security as possible if you know what I mean. I was going to post in the womens section but honestly I like getting all points of view. Both sexes have opinions and I seem to get better opinions here. Thank you again. Marie

Hey there,

I tried the Libra, but it didn't work well for me. I'm much curvier than any dancer I've met <grin> The Diva worked well with my body type.

I like that it's mostly back inflate but has small bladders in the front as well. So, I don't feel a squeeze, I'm not on my face at the surface, but the air still goes into the wing when I'm more horizontal at depth.

Peace,
Cathie

I am tall too 5'11". This one fit me well. I have to abmit I didn't look around alot.

Juls

it's not jacket style, it's back inflate. It also has intergrated weights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom