Ditio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Doing It Texan In Oklahoma :crafty:

Everybody had some special social dive site to go to over the weekend but I decided just to head across the Northern border by myself.

I know some of you have been to the Armadillo Hole up at Lake Broken Bow, OK.
It's a drop to the old river channel just off the North side of the small Island on the end of Eagle Point at Stevens Gap Area.

Usually we quit dropping down the ledge once we reach a big tree at 100 feet.....

It does keep going down into the dark farther but we never actually knew just how far that was .... Having now found out where it flattens out I'll just say that it goes down far enough.
I found some nice overhangs and trees on the way back up to explore and do a deep stop at. Sometimes I like to turn off my dive light and do my stops in the dark. It's relaxing.

The vis. there is not as great as usual due to all the rain lately I guess. The thermo is at 30 feet and you need your light since it gets dark about then too. The trees just jump up out of nowhere and grab you. I found a bit more fishing line this time around ( or maybe it found me ) Usually the line stands out more. Maybe the lower vis. was just hiding it well. It's still 48 degrees down there along the bottom but it's pretty comfortable above 30 feet. The fish and the big clams are very active now too.
The weather was great and the dive was exciting to say the least.
I also had the entire peninsula to myself which was kinda cool.

This coming weekend is Memorial Day so those solitary days on the surface are over.
But .... There is never anybody but the Sirens down at the Armadillo Hole :wink:

Frank, did you leave a pen. line so I can get to the same place? :D

And I only thought I get a little apprehensive wandering around South Oak Cliff by myself…that’s nothing compared to 100+ at BB in 48 degree water. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom