Disturbing advice given

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FatCat:
This whole thread is disturbing.

How do you people know what my medication is?

Who's been feeding my seamonsters?

What are you people doing with my shoes?

Why is there a giant octopus chasing after me? Ouch... coral stings!!!

Where is this current taking me now?

Where's my medication?

:rofl:

Dude, I think it may be time for you to put the medication down!!! :wink:

phew bit frenzied this one!
I would say that maybe judgement would be the term of the day…

if you are about to die… do whatever you can to survive, however if you are just trying to stay in one place for a minute whilst your buddy is distracted, or to get that perfect photo, use your buoyancy, not the nearest piece of reef.

As someone else said, I don't think the original piece of advice was relating to a life threatening situation, more general guidelines for normal dive practice… so maybe "disturbing" might be a little extreme a term to use… it certainly got my attention tho, so if that was the aim… it worked :)

mempilot:
Solo divers get to dive more than all of us combined. They don't have to mesh schedules with a dive buddy. No form of checks and balances on the stories though, as you pointed out. :wink: The question is, is the solo diving by choice or not??:06:
Solo divers also don't need to talk about the colour of their gear, because it takes two to have a fashion show. and if you know what I think about some of the fine divers I've met on SB,you could answer your own question about " solo diving by choice"

603 views, I think the message is getting out , even though the thread was hijacked

novadiver:
Solo divers also don't need to talk about the colour of their gear, because it takes two to have a fashion show. and if you know what I think about some of the fine divers I've met on SB,you could answer your own question about " solo diving by choice"

603 views, I think the message is getting out , even though the thread was hijacked

Gear color, where did that come from? 603 views, and only about 5 relevent posts to tell you your a troll. Hijacked. Doesn't a thread have to have a solid foundation in a relevent topic to be considered a candidate for a hijacking? More of a Seinfeld thread this one is. Much to do about nothing.

I watched a Nova program once narrated by Carl Sagan, and he said there were billions and billions of stars. :wink:

He posted this thread with the intention of starting some controversy. He's good at controversy.

ask Jeeves, Google or even Yahoo. :D

That said, the term is misapplied all the time. There are those who go phishing without resorting to trolling. There is lunking and casting and trapping and netting and... well there are a lot of ways to do it... even noodling!

Back
Top Bottom