Disturbing advice given

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
A few days ago I read a thread were someone ask all divers to respect coral reefs by not touching them. Well I agree that coral reefs should be conserved , I would like to bring up the fact that there is a valid reason for grabbing one.

Should you ever be put in a position were you might be pushed into a strainer, be pulled out to sea, or be in a downflow that will end your life , please feel free to grab anything that you can to save your life or the life of someone else. while this may fly in the face conservation. It is your life, and sometimes what's right is not always best.

thank you for understanding, NOVA

30 replies and 282 views in just a couple of hours, someone got the message.

It's time for me to PULL AND GLIDE, thanks

Uncle Pug:
TIP: if you find a shoe alongside the road and wish to try it on, step behind a bush where you will have some privacy in case it fits.
Classic. I need to figure out how to be that subtle :wink:

Uncle Pug:
I could pm you but it is a general admonition so I'll just lay it out here for the General:

*Up the dose* is *chill a bit* ... metaphorically speaking.

TIP: if you find a shoe alongside the road and wish to try it on, step behind a bush where you will have some privacy in case it fits.

I remember reading about those shoes along the side of the road once...something about, killers use the tactic of dropping the items of clothing that they wore during the crime along the side of the road to get rid of the evidence, so potentially trying on these abandodned pieces is leaving yourself open to being caught with the incrimenating evidence in hand, especially if it should fit - and by the way, it is just a little on the icky side. :crafty:

So i think this post in itself was disturbing advice. :11ztongue

Mrs.Prages:
I remember reading about those shoes along the side of the road once...something about, killers use the tactic of dropping the items of clothing that they wore during the crime along the side of the road to get rid of the evidence, so potentially trying on these abandodned pieces is leaving yourself open to being caught with the incrimenating evidence in hand, especially if it should fit - and by the way, it is just a little on the icky side. :crafty:

So i think this post in itself was disturbing advice. :11ztongue

I always thought there was something shady about that Pug chap :maniac:

novadiver:
Their is always a few that will screem BS as soon as they see the name NOVA, This was posted for the people that would like to live another day, anyone else can be my guest and wash out to sea, get held by a strainer or get the coral washing machine treatment, not to mention the nice veiw at 200 feet where another cross current can pick them up and feed them to the really deep creatures, sea monsters need to eat too.
Damn, it's a shame that as a solo diver you don't have someone to verify your adventures with the really deep creatures and the hungry sea monsters as it sounds reeeeeally interesting :eyebrow:

Solo divers get to dive more than all of us combined. They don't have to mesh schedules with a dive buddy. No form of checks and balances on the stories though, as you pointed out. :wink: The question is, is the solo diving by choice or not??:06:

This whole thread is disturbing.

How do you people know what my medication is?

Who's been feeding my seamonsters?

What are you people doing with my shoes?

Why is there a giant octopus chasing after me? Ouch... coral stings!!!

Where is this current taking me now?

Where's my medication?

:rofl:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom