Disposal/recycling of old dive computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHorse81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an old Cressi dive computer which was rendered inoperable by its original owner -- apparently, working on your own dive computer is a hazardous undertaking even for the technically inclined.
:(
Anyway, it's been sitting around for some years now and I was getting ready to throw it away, then wondered if there are hazardous waste issues with dive computers. Is it okay to just pitch it in the trash, or does it need special handling?

Thanks much for any input. :)

check with different companies. The old non working computer may be worth something on a trade in for new. Every now and again companies like sherwood or oceanic have a deal going on that they credit you some $ towards a new one. Usually does not matter who made the old one.

Send it back to the mfg. or at a minimum take it to you local waste disposal when they will have a place for old electronics. Do not just throw it into the trash.

Thanks much for the information. It definitely won't go in the trash now, one way or another. I'm just glad I thought to ask before I pitched it.

I have an old Cressi dive computer which was rendered inoperable by its original owner -- apparently, working on your own dive computer is a hazardous undertaking ....
Why?

......Anyway, it's been sitting around for some years now and I was getting ready to throw it away, then wondered if there are hazardous waste issues with dive computers. Is it okay to just pitch it in the trash ......
Send it to me. We have quite a collection here .... including an historical Edge :D

Alberto (aka eDiver

check with different companies. The old non working computer may be worth something on a trade in for new. Every now and again companies like sherwood or oceanic have a deal going on that they credit you some $ towards a new one. Usually does not matter who made the old one.

^ this ^

Send it to me. We have quite a collection here .... including an historical Edge :D

Alberto (aka eDiver

Thanks Alberto, but it has already found a home with Jim Lapenta, who will add it to the collection he shows students so they can see what different computers look like. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom