Displaying u/w photos in your home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Such a good point. We have 2 laptops. Our Hp looks great until you order prints (last years Calendar) or display on the plasma screen and every thing looks very dark. When we print or upload off the Apple they look great. I have often wondered what my images look like to others with differing screens and settings.

Laptops can be awesome to take on dive trips, and to do some of the heavy lifting in Lightroom or photoshop....but before you want to print with them, they have to be attached to an External monitor WHICH HAS BEEN CALIBRATED ...and then you will need to adjust the images on this external monitor...when that is done, it will allow printing that is perfect. Most of the external monitors that provide good enough specs and luminosity values that can work with professional calibration, will start around $600 or $700 ..... And, an IMAC 27 right of the shelf can be professionally calibrated and provide awesome results..
This is what my wife Sandra uses.... I had a monster DELL quad with everything imaginable, and a big 52 inch 1080P LCD that was both monitor and a TV....It could not get close enough to the right luminosity and several other values, to be worth while for any attempts at printing at all....I tried..waste of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom