Disney's Dive Quest Report....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am reserved for the 4:30 slot on April 26th.

For those who have done this dive, approximately how long does it take from the start time before you are in the water and at the glass. I'd like to let my family know how long to expect.

Also, are they pretty good at guessing the weight you will need? Anyone have any problems with that?

Thanks!

WI Scuba Dave:

For those who have done this dive, approximately how long does it take from the start time before you are in the water and at the glass. I'd like to let my family know how long to expect.

Also, are they pretty good at guessing the weight you will need? Anyone have any problems with that?

Thanks!

I think it was about an hour from the start time to the time you get in the water. They'll let you know for sure when you check in.

My wife and i just did the dive a few weeks ago. What a great experience. The time for it was almost 2 hours from start to finish. We had a 54 min dive. supposed to be 45 min but we were able to stay a little longer. Great crew there. And as the original poster said they do put humor into it to make it fun as you learn about everything.

WI Scuba Dave:
Thanks!

You'll enter the water between 5:15 and 5:30 depending on how many of your group have to go back into the changing area and redon their wetsuit with the zipper in the back. You'll be walking through the public, up the corridor to the "Cul-de-sac" area in your wetsuit a few minutes before then so make sure your family is there to see you. The weight will be fine. Everything will be fine. There are beaucoup fish but they're not quite as healthy as on the ocean. The viz will be OK but not spectacular. But interacting with your family and diners (and anyone who may be in the VIP lounge) is fantastic. That's really what it's all about.

F106A:
You'll enter the water between 5:15 and 5:30 depending on how many of your group have to go back into the changing area and redon their wetsuit with the zipper in the back. You'll be walking through the public, up the corridor to the "Cul-de-sac" area in your wetsuit a few minutes before then so make sure your family is there to see you. The weight will be fine. Everything will be fine. There are beaucoup fish but they're not quite as healthy as on the ocean. The viz will be OK but not spectacular. But interacting with your family and diners (and anyone who may be in the VIP lounge) is fantastic. That's really what it's all about.
do the fish still have that weird skin condition?

LiteHedded:
do the fish still have that weird skin condition?

They did in October, like they've had since, oh, '96 or so (my first dive there). It's an aquarium; and that's to be expected! No big deal. However, the skin condition on the tourists seems to have cleared up.

F106A:
They did in October, like they've had since, oh, '96 or so (my first dive there). It's an aquarium; and that's to be expected! No big deal. However, the skin condition on the tourists seems to have cleared up.

Uhhhh... considering the location... that "tourist" skin condition would probably be sunburn. :D :rofl3: Depending on the severity, most cases are cleared up in a week or two. :rofl3:

Sorry... couldn't resist!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom