Disney Divequest returning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to do this dive, but I struggle to justify the cost for such a short dive. Maybe I'm spoiled being a south Florida diver? Their website currently lists $219 for a 40 minute dive. I could book 2 charters, get four 50 minute dives in for that price. Now, if the price included admission (or discounted admission) to the park, that's another story. I understand they put a stop to that years ago.

It's a Disney experience, not really just paying for a dive. It's the only place at the park where you are behind the scenes and see how everything operates. Also, by far the most fun part of it is being part of the show. I didn't really care at all about seeing the sea life - I see that when diving in the ocean. I LOVE interacting with the kids through the glass. This is the only place you can do that.

Of course, if that doesn't interest you then it might not be for you...

I thought that at the end of the dive you exited into the living seas exhibit, and then you could spend the rest of the day in Epcot. @DQ-Dave , that's not the case any more...?

It's a Disney experience, not really just paying for a dive. It's the only place at the park where you are behind the scenes and see how everything operates. Also, by far the most fun part of it is being part of the show. I didn't really care at all about seeing the sea life - I see that when diving in the ocean. I LOVE interacting with the kids through the glass. This is the only place you can do that.

I thought that at the end of the dive you exited into the living seas exhibit, and then you could spend the rest of the day in Epcot. @DQ-Dave , that's not the case any more...?
It sounds fun, and I want to do it. I also want to go do 200 min worth of diving vs 40.

I'm under the impression, park admission is not included anymore.

It sounds fun, and I want to do it. I also want to go do 200 min worth of diving vs 40.
So do two 80-minute shore dives for free and then this one for $219. It sounds like it is a cool experience but perhaps is a one-and-done.

So do two 80-minute shore dives for free and then this one for $219. It sounds like it is a cool experience but perhaps is a one-and-done.
I do those too, except I get a lot more minutes in! :) I was more speaking from the perspective of spending money to dive. The value I get on a charter in terms of dive time is greater, which equals more diving per dollar. It's on my bucket list and hasn't bubbled up as a priority due to cost vs value. I've chosen to spend elsewhere, so it's not that I'm being cheap and not spending. Now, if it included a day at the park, then the value goes way up.

I'd be happy with a discounted park entry. All I'm going to do is go spend more money drinking around the world with my dive buddies.

I want to do this dive, but I struggle to justify the cost for such a short dive. Maybe I'm spoiled being a south Florida diver? Their website currently lists $219 for a 40 minute dive. I could book 2 charters, get four 50 minute dives in for that price. Now, if the price included admission (or discounted admission) to the park, that's another story. I understand they put a stop to that years ago.
Very true. I figure that the vast majority of the folks that dive with us aren't coming just for the dive, the dive is a small part of it. Also when you factor in the amount of wildlife that you are guaranteed to see, from hammerhead sharks to turtles and everything in between, without having to deal with a boat ride, variable diving conditions, hauling equipment, then cleaning up the equipment, a lot of folks are happy to pay a bit more.

Unfortunately, you have to have a ticket to get into Epcot now. You do not have to have a ticket to dive though.

Is that any good?
Like @MrChen said, I wouldn't come just for the dive, but if you have plans to visit WDW, this is a great program and it only takes around 2 1/2 hours between paperwork, the backstage tour, kitting up, and conducting the dive and post-dive brief. The only thing you need to bring with you is a swimsuit, though I do recommend your own mask and rashguard...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom