Disney Divequest returning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And watch or wrist computer

How much does it cost to do this? My wife loves Disney and thus far I've been able to put off going there, but this would give me a reason to go.

How much does it cost to do this? My wife loves Disney and thus far I've been able to put off going there, but this would give me a reason to go.
Screenshot_20230105_073231_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Did Divequest for my New Year’s Day dive, with family and friends as spectators. There were a full competent of 12 divers and 4 safety divers in the tank. The tour before hand was slightly shorter, skipping the part of the crane and the outdoor quarantine tanks. They must have shrunk the shorty wetsuits even more. I’m normally a medium and was given an XL which was just right for me. We walked above the spectator area through the dolphin area rather than through the spectator area, and the dolphin training explanation was given before the dive rather than after the dive. It was strange having the dolphin peek one eye out to look at us while we were looking back at him. We were put into scubapro glide jackets with AL63. I checked my weights and they had put in 5 pounds of Pocket Weights on each side. The fins were Scubapro Seawing Novas.

We were instructed to stay well clear of the bottom and the “coral”. Last time I went there were only 6 divers so it got a bit crowded at times. I blocked head kicks from divers above me several times with my hands. Water temperature was 77 degrees, total dive time 45 minutes, fun to interact with family on the other side of the glass, nice to not have to dive in a drysuit, nice to escape 0 degree weather at home.

There was no videographer and no video preview with an opportunity to buy at the end. The debrief was in the hall outside the lockers rather than the classroom upstairs. This time we got a nice hat rather than T shirts as a memento.

View attachment 762308
Thanks for the review. Seems like a fun thing to do if you happen to be visiting the parks, but not something to go out of my way to do. Nonetheless, nice to see them opened back up and going full force.

D

DiveQuest is back up and operational. We are offering two tours per day, 1400, and 1700,

Hah! Read that quick and thought that was the new price...!

Seriously, it's an amazing experience. Have done it six times. Definitely check it out.

Welcome to SB, @DQ-Dave ....

I want to do this dive, but I struggle to justify the cost for such a short dive. Maybe I'm spoiled being a south Florida diver? Their website currently lists $219 for a 40 minute dive. I could book 2 charters, get four 50 minute dives in for that price. Now, if the price included admission (or discounted admission) to the park, that's another story. I understand they put a stop to that years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom