Discuss "The Dive Bus"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found the driving to and from Lions to the west and airport to be a bit of a PITA so I can see why you are asking. No experience though with Dive Bus, just what I read on SB which seems positive.

On the upside, Lions has nice grounds, beaches and restaurants. We enjoyed our short stay. Dive op onsite seems well run and there is shore diving on site.

The main Ocean Encounters shop is 50 yards to the south along the boardwalk. Nice boats and facilities, The day we dove with them they were sending a later boat east - possibly to Klein Curacao. The DiveBus is in Pierbaai - a few minutes closer to town so I'm sure they'll pick you up there.

Checkout Mambo Blvd, also - you can walk there. Plus the Sea Aquarium is just past Ocean Encounters - it's where they keep the Dolphins.

To completely blow the budget nearby - Substation Curacao

Last edited:
I can't offer much since I haven't dived with them yet, but my son and I are booked with them for a few days in March, and we're also staying at Lions Dive. They have been great getting everything setup. If you like the idea of guided shore dives you could also look at Bas Harts as well (we are booked with them for a couple days as well).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom