Discovery Channel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeFlaneur:
I am fairly certain that TLC is no longer officially an acronym for "The Learning Channel." I'm not joking. "Life Unscripted" is the slogan, and the brand is simply TLC which stands for nothing. Not 100% sure.

Actually, it still is. At the end of programs on TLC, including pograms with 2004 copyrights, the full network title is displayed at the end of the credits and immediately after the program's conclusion. It will say something of the effect:
The Learning Channel 2004

StrikeEagle29:
Actually, it still is. At the end of programs on TLC, including pograms with 2004 copyrights, the full network title is displayed at the end of the credits and immediately after the program's conclusion. It will say something of the effect:
The Learning Channel 2004

Wow. I was wondering if anyone actually read all that fine print at the end of a program. I guess you don't have biforcals like I do. :11:

See -- I never watch the stuff. So legally it's still the name but it isn't used much. Sorta like KFC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom