Discover scuba at Crystal Springs in Zephyrhills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out there in case anybody knows somebody interested. This is open to certified divers who just want to dive the spring as well.

I will be running a Discover Scuba program at the Crystal Springs preserve in Zephyrhills Monday July 6th through Wednesday July 8th between the hours of 10am and 2 pm. If you know anybody who would like to try scuba diving please forward them this information. Cost will be around $55.00 pp and all equipment including masks and fins will be provided.

Please PM or post if interested.

Dave.

Never heard of Crystal Springs.
What is the dive profile? How much if we just want to explore the spring? (already certified)

Price to dive if certified is $25.00. The spring is relatively shallow with a max depth of about 12 feet, but the spring measures about 125' long by 50' feet wide (approx) and has some very cool features to check out like the boiling springs you usually only find in Rainbow river. Eventually I will run one on a weekend, I just don't know when yet.

Wow, I didn't know it was open to the public again. We used to go there to swim almost every weekend when I was a kid. Great memories!

Hi Itote, The spring is open again, but I have an dive operator arrangement with Crystal springs like the guy up at weeki wachee has with the state. Any time you'd like to try the spring out give me a call.

Dave.

Wow, I didn't know it was open to the public again. We used to go there to swim almost every weekend when I was a kid. Great memories!

Well look who's back.

How are you doing?

If it is open to the public again tho I bet it is pretty crowded on the weekends... I know it was when I was a kid.

How long has it been open? Is it state county private? I drove by there a couple years ago as my wife had never been and it was closed.... Great to know it is open again.

It's still owned by the Thomas family. The "Crystal spring Preserve" which runs and manages the property for the family has decided they would like to see divers in the spring again, but they don't want it to get out of hand which is why they brought in someone (me) to manage the dive program. It's open to anybody certified, but It's by appointment only - at their request - interested divers need to contact me and schedule a time. Unfortunately, You can't just walk up and dive like you can in Weeki Wachee. There actually hasn't been that much interest shown by divers in diving the spring. I'm guessing thats because they won't allow us to let divers enter the main cavern, and the average depth of the spring basin is around 6 feet.

Ed, I will call or PM when we do a weekend dive there. Should be coming up soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom