Discover scuba at Crystal Springs in Zephyrhills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it open to People to just hang out like it used to be? Or is it just for limited access by certain people. Like say for instance can I take the wife and family there to just hang out on the week no diving?

Just wanted to put this out there in case anybody knows somebody interested. This is open to certified divers who just want to dive the spring as well.

I will be running a Discover Scuba program at the Crystal Springs preserve in Zephyrhills Monday July 6th through Wednesday July 8th between the hours of 10am and 2 pm. If you know anybody who would like to try scuba diving please forward them this information. Cost will be around $55.00 pp and all equipment including masks and fins will be provided.

Please PM or post if interested.

Dave.

Interesting!

It almost sounds like you could do Confined Water training there as well. Does it conform to PADI CF standards?

Is it open to People to just hang out like it used to be? Or is it just for limited access by certain people. Like say for instance can I take the wife and family there to just hang out on the week no diving?

They just allow schools to run field trips during the school year and diving with me. As of now you can't just hang out. Would be nice if they would open it up that way though...

Interesting!

It almost sounds like you could do Confined Water training there as well. Does it conform to PADI CF standards?

You could do confined water training there, but there isn't anywhere to do the "Deep water entry skill unless you used their rowboat. The other issue I found is that where it is deep enough to do the confined water training, the bottom is easily stirred up and when you put 3 to 5 students on that bottom the vis goes to crap fast. I even contacted PADI about using it for some specialties like navigation where depth really isn't an issue, or DPV diver where shallow would probably be better, but alas, PADI denied my requests.

Ok ya that is the way it was when I was there a couple years ago. I was able to find out that they did things with schools and other organizations but not "general public" they made a killing there back in the day. But between the liability and people not respecting nature I guess they decided it was to much of a hasle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom