Disconnect between DAN’s Mission/Vision Statements & the content of Alert Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm confused:

I thought
Divers Helping Divers®
was DAN's motto, and didn't realize Scuba Diving Magazine had usurped it.

You're right. My bad. Scuba Diving Magazine's slogan is "The Magazine Divers Trust." The D2D message board doesn't have one but we can start a contest to come up with an appropriate slogan.:popcorn:

...wish they'd stick to emergency medical education ( including rescue, resuscitation, accident management etc. ) & general diving education ( as it relates to diving accident prevention ). There are enough mags. available that do what "Alert Diver" seems to be morphing into doing.

I see a similar disconnect with PADI's "Undersea Journal", & said as much in a recent survey they conducted. From my training agency, I want a Journal chock full of editorials, articles & other information that might assist me in becoming a better diving educator. The current format better serves the travelling diver, as it's pages are mostly one glossy tropical photo after another.

IMO, "Dive Training" has got as close as it comes to what I'm looking for, though they could provide more substance as well.

Regards,
DSD

But, then, Ellen never has been one to let the facts get in the way of rash assertions and emotional outbursts.

Thanks,

DocVikingo
Just proved my point, rather quickly I may add. Just sayin'.:rofl3:

...wish they'd stick to emergency medical education ( including rescue, resuscitation, accident management etc. ) & general diving education ( as it relates to diving accident prevention ). There are enough mags. available that do what "Alert Diver" seems to be morphing into doing.

I see a similar disconnect with PADI's "Undersea Journal", & said as much in a recent survey they conducted. From my training agency, I want a Journal chock full of editorials, articles & other information that might assist me in becoming a better diving educator. The current format better serves the travelling diver, as it's pages are mostly one glossy tropical photo after another.

IMO, "Dive Training" has got as close as it comes to what I'm looking for, though they could provide more substance as well.

Regards,
DSD
Publishing a magazine is expensive. There aren't many ad dollars to be found in the kinds of articles you are proposing if that were the majority of the editorial content. It's a pity but it's reality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom