disassembling a Tovatec IFL WA led torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I was given a new TOVATEC IFL WA led torch that is not working.
I want to disassembly it to see if I can repair it.
It's an all alu torch which carries 2 123R batteries.
If any one has any idea of how to diassembly it, I will appreciatte.

Thanks in advanced.

Have you verified the cell voltages with a multimeter? a Lithium CR123 is 3.0V new.
Just making sure here.

BTW in the future you can use (1) 18650 rechargeable Li-ion in place of (2) CR123s primaries.

Usually the main tube body screws into the head. The threads may be glued.
If battery tube doesn't unscrew by hand try using strap wretches. turn counterclockwise.

Anyways, this is how I've seen many dive lights put together.

If this doesn't work and you have no luck, then I would consider writing Intova with a honest letter and try to return the light for service. (contact info)

Last edited:
Have you verified the cell voltages with a multimeter? a Lithium CR123 is 3.0V new.
Just making sure here.

BTW in the future you can use (1) 18650 rechargeable Li-ion in place of (2) CR123s primaries.

Usually the main tube body screws into the head. The threads may be glued.
If battery tube doesn't unscrew by hand try using strap wretches. turn counterclockwise.

Anyways, this is how I've seen many dive lights put together.

If this doesn't work and you have no luck, then I would consider writing Intova with a honest letter and try to return the light for service. (contact info)

The person that gave it to me is the LDS owner. The torch was there since several years. The torch is almost new. When the LDS sold it, the owner opened the sealed package, installed the bateries, and no light. It was separated from the others, and lost.
The LDS owner did a shop clean up and found the old torch and gave it to me to see if I could find what was wrong. As I could not disassembly it, as I'm pretty sure that the batteries are not to blame, I gave it back to the LDS owner to see if INTOVA would replace it, but as several years have passed she was not sure if INTOVA would receive it.

Back
Top Bottom