directing valves inside (to the chest)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be very grateful if you make an underwhater photo of 2m hose fully drawn out (imagine gas sharing with a diver swimming in front of you).
The rubber hoses go straight down, and I've read that miflex hoses (I mean flexible, not exactly Miflex branded) float up.

I will be very grateful if you make an underwhater photo of 2m hose fully drawn out (imagine gas sharing with a diver swimming in front of you).
The rubber hoses go straight down, and I've read that miflex hoses (I mean flexible, not exactly Miflex branded) float up.
Not sure when I'm diving next but no worries. I've only had the long hose pulled out once but it seemed fairly neutral to me, it definitely didn't shoot up.

I have done a number of air shares during training with the 6ft MiFlex hose and have not seen this "float" that you speak of.

aren't 2m miflex hoses positively buoyant? I've read that one should not buy long miflex hoses.

except for the secondary BCD bladder.

I have never had or felt the need for a dual bladder BCD. So I stand with my statement that if I was not in my drysuit, I would not have a need for an inflator on the long hose bottle.

Here is a shot of me on one of my more recent dives. Cylinder trim is a little high but thats my fault. I prefer valve knobs out, first stages up. Ensures I can still feather the valve with stages on if the need ever arises. I use the loop bungee, which goes around the post extension and my spgs are down along the cyclinder on a 9" hose.

I use the same bungee with my Al80s as I do with my steels. I also have a redundant bladder in my wing because I was diving wet with the steels there for a minute.

Have you got an up close photo of that? Does your bungees wrap almost all the way around the valves?

I dont have a up close picture, sorry. This pic was taken by another diver I know. But yes, the bungee wraps around, under and then over the post extension.

Here is my normal dive buddy (he uses the same method I do), but you can see how the valve orientation is from the front.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190103-142223_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190103-142223_Gallery.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 257
But yes, the bungee wraps around, under and then over the post extension.
No worries, it must be a prick wrapping it so far around? Is there any reason you don't loop it over the knob like these other lads are doing?
Here is my normal dive buddy
Ah ok, when you said out I thought you meant parallel to the ground, that's more like at 45*.
BTW, I can't see his bungees at all lol
Cheers

No worries, it must be a prick wrapping it so far around? Is there any reason you don't loop it over the knob like these other lads are doing?

Ah ok, when you said out I thought you meant parallel to the ground, that's more like at 45*.
BTW, I can't see his bungees at all lol
Cheers

Not a prick to wrap it at all good technique helps. Yeah his are roughly 45 in the pic, but you can se what I mean lol. Mine are a little more flat.

Yes. Reason I wrap around the post extension and not the knob is because stretching and wrapping the post extension creates rotational torque. Yhis torque pulls the cylinder into the body and prevents the cylinder from "A" framing. It also secures the cylinders to the body enabling one to swim inverted or sideways without the cylinders falling away from the body.

Bungee length, size and lower attachment placements are crucial to properly trimmed cylinders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom