directing valves inside (to the chest)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you use the 5th port?

I do not. I put my regulator and inflator on the turret close to each other. The SPG used to be lollypopped but now I use a transmitter on each tank. When you keep your tanks up high it is next to impossible to use a 5th port as it puts the hose directly into your ribs.

Do you use the 5th port?

I found the pictures I had posted before that may help you "see" how it is setup.

These are steel PST HP100s 3500psi..

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

I found the pictures
Cool, thanks for that. What do you do with the drysuit hose when you share air? As in it will change direction when the long hose is pulled out yeah?
I have TXs too, your not worried about them being a bit exposed?

In the numerous air-shares I have done in classes (cause I have never had an air share out side of class in sidemount) it is not even noticeable. I have 22" inflators, one on each bottle, for drysuit and wing. The one on the right bottle feeds the drysuit and is not noticed during an air share. If you sidemount in a wetsuit you would not even have a hose on the right bottle.

Oh crap....more hoses I have to buy lol
Mine are only 8" but 22" seems excessive. Do you have any photos actually diving showing where the 22" hoses run?
Thanks Doby :thumb:

These are steel PST HP100s 3500psi..
aren't 2m miflex hoses positively buoyant? I've read that one should not buy long miflex hoses.

If you sidemount in a wetsuit you would not even have a hose on the right bottle.
except for the secondary BCD bladder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom