Direct Flight To Bonaire Possibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liz:
Can you back it up to September? Oct. is too late for my group. :)

Ok, we could probably lower the price if we got rid of the meal and movie. Rich, it's a charter service so you cannot make direct flight reservations. I know the travel agency real well and they are not tacking on any fees for buying "just tickets". They will also offer package deals with the Miami to Bonaire flight. We've heard so many people request direct flights, and many don't want to make a 14 hour trip to Bonaire. We too used to fly via AJ, but as of June 28th they will no longer be flying to Bonaire. It is a definitely. So now the only alternatives are to fly into Aruba then take BonairExpress or AA. Has anyone checked prices lately? They have been going up. I know that from NJ/NY area cheapest fare I could find out was $833.00 and that was a 12 hour trip via AA. Out of Chicago it was $838.00. The flight from ORD to Miami was $243.00 and out of Newark, $241.00.... So it looks like you could just about break even or save a few dollars and get there earlier through the Miami to Bonaire flight...

Liz

Liz..

I have 22 in the group now. But, several of us have already done our air with the Bonaire Express option.

The trip is Sept 24th to Oct. 1st.

I'm not sure at this point how many could benefit from your charter, but I will find out, if you think the dates could work.

Well in the future we'll be interested (assuming we like Bonaire :wink: I mean you never know). Getting to Miami isn't too expensive for most people I would think and I'd rather go direct to Miami and then to Bonaire than the Norfolk to Newark to Aruba to Bonaire that we'll be doing on Saturday! Yay!

DrSteve:
to Aruba to Bonaire that we'll be doing on Saturday! Yay!

Dr.Steve:

I'll be going from Aruba to Bonaire also. Looking forward to hearing how this works for you. Have a great trip!

Natasha:
Dr.Steve:

I'll be going from Aruba to Bonaire also. Looking forward to hearing how this works for you. Have a great trip!
Remind me in about 2 weeks and I'll let you know - but chances are I'll also complete a trip report :)

Back
Top Bottom