Direct Flight To Bonaire Possibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok, now don't get excited anyone, but I'm working on something (airline only) to get a direct flight from Miami to Bonaire NON STOP every Sat from Oct-April. The price I'm being quoted will be within the $500-575.00 R/T range. If things go well, maybe a little less. I'm just doing market research right now to see if it is feasible to do. I'd like opinions please. Is it worth it to people who want to travel to Bonaire? The flight would probably leave mid afternoon and get you in to Bonaire by dinner. So let's hear feedback. Thanks.

Liz

Assuming it's realiable and with a reasonable aircraft (727-737-DC-10), no 20 seat prop jobs, I am sure interested. Can I reserve 2 sets for Feb?

right now you can fly American Eagle through San Juan (Puerto Rico) for under
$500, on a daily basis it looks like.

unfortunately, total travel time is around 10-12 hours, at least coming back

i would definetely be interested in a shorter travel time

This is good so far, 737-800, in flight movie, meal and non alcholic drinks included. Getting closer. As long as things go well over the next couple of weeks we will make an announcement. It will include the travel agency who to contact to make reservations.

Liz

what airline could I connect through?

meaning what US airline would it partner through? American Airlines or Delta for example would be good choices. For American, MIA is a hub. for Delta, it's not that far.

$500 US isn't that bad for tickets, if you live in south Florida. But if you have to pay $300 US to get a flight on American or Delta or other to connect to this flight, then you're looking at $300 bucks plus often other fees, especially if one of the flights on any airline is late.

Heck, if I lived in south Florida, I'd be diving there instead of Bonaire!

-mike

It's about $600 from Chicago to Kralendijk with a plane change in San Juan or Montego Bay. I'd rather hang in the bar in those places than Miami, so switching planes in Florida doesn't do much for me and it would cost me more...nah, I'll stick with plan "A." I appreciate the effort, though.

steven, Air Jamaica announced no more flights to Bonaire. not sure if you followed
that.

I just did a couple flight searches....and ... it does add $300 additional costs....but....I can deal with $800 tickets consideirng I paid $789 my last trip to Bonaire using Delta and AJ.

Appreciate the efforts Liz...really do.....

Does your comment mean that the only way to get on that flight will be through one travel agent??? We cant make the reservations direct and get rid of a middle man $$$ ??

H2Andy:
steven, Air Jamaica announced no more flights to Bonaire. not sure if you followed
that.
I'd heard that they were dumping the route - however Travelocity is showing flights from them and AA that didn't appear to be code sharing.

We've always flown AJ from ORD to BON, so I'm only marginally familiar with the AA program. I seem to recall that some of their flights were more complicated than a single plane change in San Juan, possibly including stops/changes in Miami. Whatever. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but getting to Miami usually costs me about $200, which would mean about $800 for the r/t to BON. I love Bonaire and I'm not usually a particularly price sensitive guy but if it costs as much to fly to Kralendijk as it does to Kahalui (or Paris or Naples, for that matter), I'm going to have an uphill argument with my sweetie - especially since I'm sitting on 350,000 UA miles that I can't redeem to go to Bonaire...

Tough days in the travel business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom