DIR with a Double Hose Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh I know I'm not an ass either I dive dir too, with my regular equipment. I also like to take out some of the double hose regs I have as well so I was just fooling around with a way to be DIR correct with a double hose thats all. JJUst something to convers about .
Double hose regs are sooo fun to use. I think everyone should try one at one point in there life just to see where the sport came from... There are alot of divers out there that know jack squat about the mechanics and origins of their own equipment. They should all be made to take an equipment class.

I was on a vacation in Hawaii a couple years ago and a person with a log book with over 100 dives could not figure out why their first stage was leaking......(Never thought about a Simple O-Ring being blown) . Almost waisted our whole dive complaining about the equipment when it was the most minute problem to fix. See, learn to know the workings of your equipment people and save the other people with you from a headache and from missing out on a good time,

Oh I know I'm not an ass either I dive dir too, with my regular equipment. I also like to take out some of the double hose regs I have as well so I was just fooling around with a way to be DIR correct with a double hose thats all. JJUst something to convers about .
Double hose regs are sooo fun to use. I think everyone should try one at one point in there life just to see where the sport came from... There are alot of divers out there that know jack squat about the mechanics and origins of their own equipment. They should all be made to take an equipment class.

I was on a vacation in Hawaii a couple years ago and a person with a log book with over 100 dives could not figure out why their first stage was leaking......(Never thought about a Simple O-Ring being blown) . Almost waisted our whole dive complaining about the equipment when it was the most minute problem to fix. See, learn to know the workings of your equipment people and save the other people with you from a headache and from missing out on a good time,

We have 2 of the old DH regs at work. An old Voit and something else, can't think of it off the top of my head. We shined them up and put them on the wall for everybody to see. We also have an old helmet rig. It's old as dust, but I wonder what it would be like to dive like those guys.

I also do about half of the reg services we get a year. I love it when somebody brings in, say, an old dacor reg in a bucket, totally torn apart. Then they have nerve to tell me "It don't work no more.":confused:

Hahaha yeah I have seen the same things. Iv seen the people take the reg apart and put the diaphram in upsidedown. I service reg to now and then , but I do all my stuff myself.
You guys ever think about parting with some of those double hosers ?

...wouldn't be able to still have the air go through the Dble hose if there was a failure...
If you're using a "newer" Aqua Master (preferably Royal Aqua Master) you have a hookah port on the back. You can use it either as a LP source, or you can feed LP into the reg to breathe off of.
If you're using a newer Nemrod Snark III, they have a HP port, and can be fairly easily modified to have a LP fitting attached.

You guys ever think about parting with some of those double hosers ?
The prices on ebay have dropped quite a bit, you might check there.
I'd recommend either of the above 2 regs, preferably the Nemrod, as it's all ready to have a SPG screwed into the critter.
Sounds almost like we're discussing building something Frankenstein would be proud of.:wink:

Yeah I already have several double hoses...I regularly dive with my post 1970's Royal, I also have a 67 royal and a 58 DA, . Yeah Iv seen them cheap on ebay lately.
I also know about the hoses off the hooka. On my 70's Royal I have a gas fitting with a three way lp splitter with a BC inflator and a Second stage comming off of it.

I mentioned this above, but here is my double hose, double valve setup.

SeaRat

'Hit the wrong button. Here's the photo.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom