DIR Weekend - August 6/8 Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WJL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mike Kane (MHK) will hold a DIR Demo on Saturday, August 7th at 5:00 pm at Gilboa Quarry. Mike will explain the various aspects of the DIR system and answer any questions that you might have about the techniques and equipment that make up the DIR way of diving. This DEMO is FREE to all, and everyone is welcome to stop by.

That same weekend Mike will also be holding a Rec Triox Class, and Brandon Schwartz, Scot Wernette and Sonya Tittle will be holding a Fundamentals class, all at Gilboa. For further information, check this link http://www.scubaboard.com/t61166.html

All past GUE class members are welcome to drop by during the weekend for an informal "reunion." We will be at the Outback in Findlay Saturday night. Come and show everyone how you've mastered that backwards kick.

You people have to go and pick the weekend I have tickets to the Brickyard 400 in Indy. As much as I love diving and would love to drop by, my true love will be taking over that weekend....Beer, BBQ, Bonfires, Babes, (and at somepoint there's a race) seem more exciting than Brando's Biz-nitches :wink: throwing a Bash at gilBoa.

Sorry...I had to throw the biz-nitch thing in as it went with the "B" theme.

Big-t-2538:
You people have to go and pick the weekend I have tickets to the Brickyard 400 in Indy. As much as I love diving and would love to drop by, my true love will be taking over that weekend....Beer, BBQ, Bonfires, Babes, (and at somepoint there's a race) seem more exciting than Brando's Biz-nitches :wink: throwing a Bash at gilBoa.

Sorry...I had to throw the biz-nitch thing in as it went with the "B" theme.
We tried to re-route that race past Gliboa to accomodate you and your racing buddies, but for some reason they just laughed at us. Anyways, I hear your backwards kick still need work, so it's probably best if you lay low.

WJL:
Anyways, I hear your backwards kick still need work, so it's probably best if you lay low.
How low? Is the bus low enough, or should I just chuck myself underneath?

Yes, my back-kick is by far the worst part of my fundamental skills...but I do move backwards, albeit nice and slow. I hope to work on that very soon.

Big-t-2538:
How low? Is the bus low enough, or should I just chuck myself underneath?
We are actually looking into renting a bus for the weekend. Maybe park it by the cottage. Excellent teaching aid. See the video, run out of the cottage, get under the bus. I plan to spend some time there myself.

jtivat:
Is this still a go?
Hi JT.,
Yes, this is still a go. Everything is in place and we are expecting to have a great weekend. MHK and the Triox students will be there on Friday at 8am. I will be there in the early afternoon. The DIRF class will begin at 7pm at the quarry.
Hope to see you there!

brandon

I am interested in the Demo I will be there all weekend see you there. :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom