DIR view of Sidemounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba:
Nice video and yes, the cave was beautiful. I only saw one restriction in the video that would have cut it close for backmount though. Everything else was wide open and seemed easily doable in backmount. Am I mistaken?

Yes and no,

The restriction you saw is approx 300' into the system. All the crystal rooms are past that. Also there are other restrictions that I did not film due to the Tight and narrow nature of the tunnel. Brian has pushed the system up to 4500' I believe, and is very close in finding a connection to another huge system.

Yes, you could dive it in backmount, but you would only get to 300' or so.

Cheers :D

Mike

mania:
A bit off topic
:D

As a matter of fact Islam and Catholicism have more in common than most think. Not to make this off topic too long it's worth remembering - they believe in one, the same God. And Jesus is a prophet for Muslims. They also believe in Jesus' ascension.
There is more in common but it's time to:

End off topic

That's actually one of the reasons why I picked that as an analogy to sidemount cave diving and DIR cave diving.

So are you suggesting that DIR and sidemounting cave diving have a lot in common?
I had a different impression.
Mania

mania:
So are you suggesting that DIR and sidemounting cave diving have a lot in common?
I had a different impression.
Mania

They've got more in common together as activities than they do with... i dunno... buying furniture...

A bit twisted way of thinking
Or my English ain't good enough

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom