DIR SPG/Deco Bottle Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all.....

I was just wondering......

When "correctly" DIR configured with Deco Bottle connected to your left side, where does your SPG go?

Is the SPG still accessible when there is a Deco tank hanging on to the same Left waist D-ring?

Wind-a-Wondering

Originally posted by Windknot
Hey all.....

I was just wondering......

When "correctly" DIR configured with Deco Bottle connected to your left side, where does your SPG go?

Is the SPG still accessible when there is a Deco tank hanging on to the same Left waist D-ring?

Wind-a-Wondering

When you have 2 deco bottles accessing the SPG becomes much more difficult, for me anyway.

Tom

is what got me thinking about that.....

Shhhhh.....dont tell anyone....I'm thinking of hanging a 30cf Bottle off my left side Deco bottle style for bailout/pony purposes.....:D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Windknot
is what got me thinking about that.....

Shhhhh.....dont tell anyone....I'm thinking of hanging a 30cf Bottle off my left side Deco bottle style for bailout/pony purposes.....:D :D :D :D :D

That will work of course but DO NOT do it if you also have a regular deco bottle containing a different gas. The chances of a mix up would be sky high in a stress situation (like needing your pony...)

Tom

Or you could get a Vytec with air integration, and just use your SPG as a sanity check/backup
(boo, hiss from the gallery!!!) :jester:

But the only option (at this point) would be to purchase it Online. I'm afraid my tenuous relationship with my LDS (who advised me that they wouldn't be getting any Vytecs yet for "at least 6 months!!!") would probably go over the deep side......

That and I already have Two Vypers (One bought new from LDS) and a "backup" I wear on my wrist that I bought of eBay for a hundred bucks.

I guess I could sell the new Vyper, console, SPG which I hate, and the compass...but I'd loose my fat behind on them....I suppose I'll use them till one breaks, gets lost or Elvis eats it (see my profile) then I'll make the plunge....

Wind K.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom