DIR Single Tank Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_O_H:
I'm thinking the same thing you were and contemplating putting a ball on my halcyon wing. What I can't picture is how I'm going to get my wing onto a coral head to get the ball stuck in it. Is this happening on shore entries/exits or something? I'm having trouble picturing it.

P.S. I'm not taking issue w/DIR's idea of removing the ball - just trying to understand how it might apply to my type of diving.

First time I was anchoring my dive flag and the surge pushed me sideways into a coral head. Second time I inverted to look up and "see the sunshine" and being about 6 inches off the reef it caught as I was rolling over... I didn't even bump into the reef myself, just the ball got caught between some fingers of brain coral that time.

one of the guys at the LDS couldn't believe it happened so he asked one of the other instructors what he thought ... he answered: "I've done the same thing too..."

Tim

P.S. I spend a lot of my time up close to the coral watching all the "little" stuff, so I'm frequently within a foot of the bottom just watching the show :wink:

SeanQ:
I don't know about you but I don't want to be fumbling around with a knife behind my back near my wing.

Good point Sean. OTOH, if I find myself in the unlikely situation of being stuck in my BC and out of air at the same time, I don't think I'd be too worried about poking a hole in my wing. I'd cut the whole thing to pieces if I had to.

I've used a backplate for about 2 years as a Transplate converted from my Transpac. I am now rigging with the single piece webbing harness. For retainging the inflator hose and backup light, do you use inner tube or tied shock cord? If you use inner tube, is that street or mountain bike?

cbfin:
I've used a backplate for about 2 years as a Transplate converted from my Transpac. I am now rigging with the single piece webbing harness. For retainging the inflator hose and backup light, do you use inner tube or tied shock cord? If you use inner tube, is that street or mountain bike?
Bungee or surgical tubing for the inflator, bicycle tubing for the light.

Chris, lemme know if you want someone to check out your rig with ya before Fundies ... I've even got some spare materials I can donate to the cause ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Bungee or surgical tubing for the inflator, bicycle tubing for the light.

Chris, lemme know if you want someone to check out your rig with ya before Fundies ... I've even got some spare materials I can donate to the cause ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob. I was looking for your number last night to request that very same thing. I'll PM you with my number and you can let me know when you have some free time.

Thanks again,
Chris

cool_hardware52:
I took a whole different approach. On our single rigs "wedge blocks" are included.
See wedge block,scroll down a little.
Pm sent

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom